: 03-06 Mirrors on an 02

Synergetic
01-15-07, 05:57 PM
Has anybody installed the 03-06 Mirrors on an 02? The same mirrors with the blinking arrow?

vaporkid8
01-15-07, 07:57 PM
i just bought the mirrors from http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/customer/home.php?cat=353 and got a place in my town to install them, they look awesome

Falkolade
01-15-07, 08:04 PM
ya i kinda always wanted to due that too... i am not into the whole tricked out ride thing, but i thought that would be a nice addition

hornyjuan
01-15-07, 09:58 PM
I have this on my '02. You just need to integrate your blinker switch with the side mirror because the '02 switch won't just clip with the '03 switch. You'll need to find the mirror fold wire, mirror adjustment wire, and blinker switch but it can be done.

Synergetic
01-15-07, 11:08 PM
I have this on my '02. You just need to integrate your blinker switch with the side mirror because the '02 switch won't just clip with the '03 switch. You'll need to find the mirror fold wire, mirror adjustment wire, and blinker switch but it can be done.

When we met up, I thought I remember seeing that you had done this. Thanks for the info John! I will be out of town this week but give me a call next week while your on the road.

tc3
01-16-07, 08:08 PM
The easiest way is to just get the glass part. This way you dont need to worry about the wiring other than the blinker wires. They wire up under the drivers dash.

benamaster
01-16-07, 08:30 PM
The easiest way is to just get the glass part. This way you dont need to worry about the wiring other than the blinker wires. They wire up under the drivers dash.

I was thinking the same thing. Just pick up the Muth Signal Mirrors glass. Shouldn't be too hard, depending on the place you get them from they might even include the instructions.

tc3
01-16-07, 09:42 PM
Here are the instructions.
http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/documents/signalmirrors.pdf

'06 QuickSilver
01-17-07, 04:33 AM
just a thought, why not get a set of street scene mirrors? i know they fit same body shape GMC Yukons, i think they should fit the escalade.., its smaller, also has the orange arrow in the glass and folds automatically, AND has a turn signal on the back of the mirror plus it keeps the OEM heater for the mirrors. thanks

hcvone
01-17-07, 07:01 AM
I am sure it would be a pretty big job to put the stock 03' mirrors in an 02' for this reason, all the wiring in the doors go thru the window switch, for the mirror, seat heaters, window, door light, door locks and the passenger side window switch is where the key fobs receiving unit is. I am sure the aftermarket units would be easier.

Big Daddy Caddy
01-18-07, 02:06 PM
Any one have an idea how much this would cost if I were to go somewhere and have it down by a pro?

hornyjuan
01-18-07, 06:46 PM
The mirrors will probably cost $300 depending if you get it off ebay or directly from a dealer. You can take it to a body shop or a car audio/electronics shop as they deal with wiring alarms and integrating factory with aftermarket items. I'd say 2-4 hours of installation at $50 an hour. Just be very careful with the glass as the guy that did it for me broke it the first time he was testing it out.

Big Daddy Caddy
01-18-07, 10:34 PM
Sweet! Thanks, I will probably get this done within the next week... I'll post up some pics when done....I must say it's a nice mod for the '02.