: White Diamond Advice

GMJim
01-15-07, 03:23 PM
Hello all, I am considering trading in my 04 Light Platinum on a still on the lot 06 White Diamond. Do you White Diamond drivers like white? The Light Platinum is a breeze to keep clean. Some white Diamonds I have seen almost appear yellowish. I don't know if they are just dirty or what. I am getting a heck of a deal. 35.5K for V8 AWD. I just don't want to regret getting rid of a color I love. The white is awesome clean. Your thoughts please.

louisn
01-15-07, 03:45 PM
i've heard some say that that the diamond white is yellowish or milky looking and does not shine. Dealers say that's the way it is supposed to look. They ought to drop the "diamond" name then.

sgilbert
01-15-07, 04:09 PM
They ought to drop the $1000 add-on too! It's nowhere near as "pearly" as the Escalade's White Diamond.

Boombotz
01-15-07, 04:09 PM
I have a White Diamond Escalade and my parents have a White Diamond SRX.
I say it is the best color to get. The color looks like a creme in low lighted areas but when it is out in the sun it sure does sparkle like a Diamond.
Every Cadillac I own will be White Diamond. I haven't seen a color I like more.

Lord Cadillac
01-15-07, 04:29 PM
Here are some pictures of my white diamond ETC:
http://www.80sxchange.com/caddy.htm

I agree - it's the best color.. The various silvers are next... Platinum, pewter, silver, etcetera...

TSS
01-15-07, 07:39 PM
I like my white diamond..If it is a good deal - go for it.

Oso
01-16-07, 09:52 AM
:sunnynana:

It's the best color out there! Love mine especially with the gold accents instead of chrome. Shines like a diamond in the sun when it's clean and even when it's dirty it looks better than most other colors.

c5 rv
01-16-07, 10:56 AM
It seems more traditional Cadillac customers like white diamond as opposed to neo-Cadillac (post-CTS) buyers. It would not be my first choice in color and currently my wife doesn't want a car in any shade of white.

Kalibr
01-22-07, 02:19 PM
I have a '06 White Diamond. I definitely think it's the best color for this model. It stands out like no other color. The dealer did not have any White Diamonds on the lot and he had to trade with another dealership for mine. When it’s clean, the paint shines with a very high luster. I have never noticed any yellowish tone to it like I have with other pearl white paints. Go for it. You’re only regret might come when you see your neighbor with the same White Diamond SRX on his driveway!

GMJim
01-22-07, 08:00 PM
Thanks for all your reply's. Well I did it. Traded a 04 Light Platinum V6 RWD for a 06 White Diamond V8 AWD. I'm still not sure about the color, But I love the door sill, and power L/Gate already. The Storage System is cool, instead
of a 3rd seat I never used. I don't think I would own a V6 again, and I only have 200 miles on it. I think I will like the color more once we get green in the spring and I quit comparing it to snow.

Smokin' SRX
01-25-07, 04:26 PM
Thanks for all your replies. Well I did it. Traded a 04 Light Platinum V6 RWD for a 06 White Diamond V8 AWD. I'm still not sure about the color, But I love the door sill, and power L/Gate already. The Storage System is cool, instead
of a 3rd seat I never used. I don't think I would own a V6 again, and I only have 200 miles on it. I think I will like the color more once we get green in the spring and I quit comparing it to snow.

It's not really "white"! It's the beauty of a pearl! But keep it clean, always, to avoid the "yellow" syndrome, others complain about!

Best wishes on a great deal. I love my V-8! :D