: Opening door

b78772
01-15-07, 03:30 PM
If locked, does anyone know how to open the front doors without having to hit the unlock button. I am used to just grabbing the handle and opening the door. But if they are locked, one must first unlock them. Seems in an emergency that is an extra step.

DLE
01-15-07, 03:33 PM
I say to leave it alone. Its locked for a safety reason.

What if a 5 yr old kid tries to open the door while you are driving 60-70 mph on the highway?!?

Boombotz
01-15-07, 03:35 PM
You can program them to open when you shift into park or turn the ignition off.

Dif
01-15-07, 04:05 PM
I have mine set to unlock only the Drivers door when put into Park.
But it can be programed a number of ways.
Either when put into Park or..
when the Ignition is turned off and..
All doors unlock or .....
none of them unlock until you hit the unlock button.

jackdan
01-15-07, 04:43 PM
I have an 07 and you can program it to unlock when shifting into park. Check the manual, its one of those 4 buttons next to the steering wheel

b78772
01-15-07, 05:36 PM
If locked, does anyone know how to open the front doors without having to hit the unlock button. I am used to just grabbing the handle and opening the door. But if they are locked, one must first unlock them. Seems in an emergency that is an extra step.

I know how to do all the automatic stuff. I don't have any kids. I also do not want any doors to automatically unlock. I just want to be able to open a locked door without having to push some button.

hcvone
01-15-07, 06:26 PM
You have to set it up for your needs, everyone's needs are different, you can customize the settings. I know what you are asking, I can do that on my M5, but not the Escalade

benamaster
01-16-07, 01:41 AM
So on an M5 you can be doing 90 on the Expressway and if you pull on the interior handle with the door locked it will open?

Cadillade
01-16-07, 03:18 AM
Could you actually open the car door at highway speeds easily? I thought with all that wind resistance, the door would be hard to open.

There is no way I can see that you can have the door open anytime other than removing keys from ignition or putting the selector in park. I know that Fords can do that, but never on GM vehicles.

hcvone
01-16-07, 07:46 AM
So on an M5 you can be doing 90 on the Expressway and if you pull on the interior handle with the door locked it will open?

Believe it or not the answer is yes, you can do it on many Euro cars I have owned by simply pulling the door handle twice, once opens the lock and the second time opens the door locked or not, this of course is from the inside of the car. Have not tried it at 90. ;)

DLE
01-16-07, 11:11 AM

James Bond and Jackie Chan does this sh*t all the time. :histeric: :thumbsup:

hcvone
01-16-07, 12:35 PM
I don't think I will be trying it at 90. ;)