: FG2 Shocks?

DaveSRX
01-15-07, 10:27 AM
I am going to look at a couple of used V's and was wondering how do you tell if a V has the FG2 shocks? Is there a sticker with all the build codes somewhere inside the car?

Also, is it possible to get a Cadillac Certified on a vehicle for sale that isnt currently Cadillac Certified, i.e. can it be purchased?

svassh
01-15-07, 10:36 AM
Check out the faq for info in identifying the shocks. I believe you can purchase an extended warranty from GM anytime prior to expiration of the factory warranty but others may chime in with more details.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/havefg2.html

DaveSRX
01-15-07, 11:35 AM
Thanks! I did do a search using "FG2" and it came up empty!?

Tags63
01-15-07, 12:05 PM
Hey!!

Well, the easiest way to find out is to look at the shocks directly. If you see a purple line with black dashes going around them. Then they are FG2's. I doubt the salesman would know since this is a dealer installed option and could have been done at any time or not at all, so don't take there word. They're just interested in making a sale!!
As far as getting it Certified. If it's coming from a Caddy dealer and it's presently not certified, then you definitely can have it done. I also know someone who bought there V from a non Caddy Dealer and as long as the car wasn't modified he took it to a Caddy dealer & had it Certified. It'll cost somewhere around 1800.00 to get it Certified. They are very particular about certifiying the car though. They have to follow strict guidelines. When mine was done, they took my locking gas cap off and installed the factory one. So what does that tell you.........Also forgot to mention, in order to get it Certified, it has to still be in the original factory in service date & mileage.

Paul:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DaveSRX
01-15-07, 12:15 PM
Are the FG2 shocks even worth it? Is it even a really noticeable improvement in handling in everyday street driving? Does the car ride "rough" with them? I ask as this would be family car as well as a fun car...

Tags63
01-15-07, 12:58 PM
Hey!!!

Yes, they are stiffer than than the FE4's that usually come with the car. Since I've had both and going to T2 Racing shocks for the V. Going from the FE4's to the FG2's do make a difference though I don't think it's a real big deal if you're not into really setting the car up with mods. The ride quality is noticed when you hit bumps or potholes but you're still going to feel them either way with the FE4's.

Paul

lunarx
01-15-07, 05:16 PM
Tags63 please update us on how the T2 shocks work out.
I wonder if they were designed for lightned or stock weight cars.

As for the FG2, I only have the rear installed right now and the difference is quite dramatic.
I imagine doing the fronts would be more so.
Comfort is hardly effected except for sharp bumps.

HiTechRV
01-15-07, 05:29 PM
Are the FG2 shocks even worth it? Is it even a really noticeable improvement in handling in everyday street driving? Does the car ride "rough" with them? I ask as this would be family car as well as a fun car...

If you are expecting a Caddi ride then they are harsh, especially on roads with potholes. The are great for cornering. I suspect the 4's might be better at transfering weight to the rear and improving traction from a standing start.

BowenCT
01-15-07, 09:26 PM
Come look at my V.....it has FG2s and yes they are worth it!