Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Class 2 serial bus

Tags
bmw integra
1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ewill3rd 
#1 ·
So, I have been searching and what not and haven't found what I am looking for so I decided to post this:

Does anyone know how to access the Class 2 serial bus and have either the DIC or radio display information? What I mean is if I have a CarPuter and I have the thing hooked to the car's communication bus, I want to beable to send track listings or generic messages to the car to display on my dash somewhere like in a BMW or the like....

Also, with the integration to the car I would like to beable to access the communication bus to control things like windows up and down and almost anything that I can do my self have some program or interface do with certain actions (have a basic stamp or something reading the bus and when the RKE unlock button is pressed 3 times then held for 2 seconds, roll all windows down, etc...)...

Any clues on how I would go about doing this, please let me know...

#4 ·
I am wanting the ability to make the display read something I tell it to read.. There was a guy on here that has sucessfully done it but I can't find the post..... MP3Car.com has a few writeups on the class 2 serial bus that you can get the ability to roll down windows and what not because of all of the modules....

I guess with this system, anything that has a module can be controlled, as long as you know what the commands are to do it...

#5 ·
What you want to know is the communication protocols.
You'd have to talk to a GM engineer to get that information most likely, I doubt you'll run accross anyone on here who has that knowledge or ability.
Not to say it's impossible, at any rate.... good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.