: About to make switch to STS-V have questions...

CadV
01-14-07, 10:21 PM
I have a 2005 CTS-V with 30k and was curious what everyone is getting for their CTS-V's?

How does everyone like the STS-V vs the CTS-V?

Kadonny
01-15-07, 08:13 AM
Well, trade in will depend on miles and condition of course, but consensus seems to be low 30's on the CTS-V board.

I love my STS-V, I too came from a CTS-V. It's just so much more refined and luxurious and has way many more great options on it. The ride is smoother and quieter and it is much more comfortable to take on a day to day basis.

The car sort of lulls you. You forget how powerful it is until you turn off traction control and stomp on it only so see yourself going sideways.

Bartlett_2
01-15-07, 01:41 PM
You'll love the STS-V, especially if you drive a lot. So comfortable, for everyday use, but runs like a raped ape when you want it to.

CadV
01-15-07, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I just got back from the dealership and I am an official STS-V owner :). They are trailoring it from Alabama and it should be here Wed. or Thur.

I was able to get my equity out of my CTS-V without putting it into the STS-V.

Really happy it was time for a change.

Dr. Design
01-15-07, 03:04 PM
Congrats!!!
It will be interesting to see how many CTS V-Series owners migrate towards the STS V-Series over the next few years.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I just got back from the dealership and I am an official STS-V owner :). They are trailoring it from Alabama and it should be here Wed. or Thur.

I was able to get my equity out of my CTS-V without putting it into the STS-V.

Really happy it was time for a change.

Bartlett_2
01-15-07, 10:25 PM
Congrats! You made the right choice. I love mine more and more everyday. I usually trade in within 6-9 months, and the thought hasn't even crossed my mind in the last year or so i've owned mine. It's definately a keeper.

CadV
01-15-07, 10:49 PM
Congrats! You made the right choice. I love mine more and more everyday. I usually trade in within 6-9 months, and the thought hasn't even crossed my mind in the last year or so i've owned mine. It's definately a keeper.

I am the same way after about 2 years I want something else. I got my 15000 out of my CTS-V and I will put it in the bank. From now on I am doing 24 month smart buys because I keep losing too much money by putting anything down.

Bartlett_2
01-16-07, 09:49 AM
Putting money down and financing a vehicle is not a good idea for guys like us. I think i'll keep this one long enough for the title to get some cobwebs in my filing cabinet for once. Enjoy yours. BTW, what color did you get?

CadV
01-16-07, 12:35 PM
Putting money down and financing a vehicle is not a good idea for guys like us. I think i'll keep this one long enough for the title to get some cobwebs in my filing cabinet for once. Enjoy yours. BTW, what color did you get?

Silver... I loved the color with my CTS-V it was so easy to take care of.

Davidstan
01-16-07, 12:42 PM
I may be a convert but still trying to work the deal w/ the dealer. Nice car and i dont think i can wait 2 years for the auto cts v. Either car is great in there own way. The cts v just seems to demand spirit driving with rowing the gears and all...hard to go on a relaxed drive which i like to do 15% of the time. Any of you sts guys have issues yet? Still glad of your decision?

CadV
01-16-07, 01:36 PM
I may be a convert but still trying to work the deal w/ the dealer. Nice car and i dont think i can wait 2 years for the auto cts v. Either car is great in there own way. The cts v just seems to demand spirit driving with rowing the gears and all...hard to go on a relaxed drive which i like to do 15% of the time. Any of you sts guys have issues yet? Still glad of your decision?

I have a 60 mile a day drive in some pretty intese traffic. Shifting through gears in bumper to bumper traffic is the last thing I want to do after a long day at work :)

Kadonny
01-16-07, 02:56 PM
Davidstan, the car is great, no problems so far other than a creeking seat I have to get checked.

The car is running perfectly and I just love it. Some want to compare the CTS-V to the STS-V with price, but there are just so many more things on this car that are totally worth it. Remote start for me right now in the middle of winter is a godsend!

Oh, and if anyone is considering Car Motorsports mats, I was the first guy to order them. GM must have changed the floor pan in the V to fit the 6 speed trans because the regular STS floormat pattern does not work. Car Motorsports has to go find a V to make a new pattern for it while I sit here and wait for my mats.

Oh well, I can't believe I was the first guy to order them.

Bartlett_2
01-18-07, 03:29 PM
My V is my first issueless car so far. Hope I don't jinx myself now.

XLRvman
01-18-07, 06:01 PM
I am 100% satisified with my Silver/Silver 06 STSV. My only issue is in wet, snowy weather it leaves alot to be desired.

Krug Ford
01-18-07, 06:11 PM
I have not seen many problems with them. Just small ones here and there.

Davidstan
01-20-07, 07:36 AM
In my deal the dealer gave me 37 500 for my 06 cts v w/ 7000 miles. drove it for a year and bought it new for 46,500. I would have sold it private party for 39,500 to get the same benefit because of the sales tax. I was pleased. Hope that answers your question and good luck on your switch.

wkontes
01-20-07, 08:58 PM
Kadonny, I think I drove your cts-v last weekend at Rugieris cadillac in west chester, if it was yours you certainly took nice care of it. they are asking $44,500 plus $1500 for the extended warranty, they didnt seem to want to deal, was this pretty close to what they gave you on the trade? Thanks,

Kadonny
01-21-07, 11:19 AM
wkontes..........really? Stealth Gray car with Corsa on it and about 8k miles?

If so, yup that was it. That price is high, I did take care of it, but its not worth that and they won't get that.

Seriously, the car had a issues and that's why I got rid of it. PM me if you really want to know the specifics. They gave me a special deal to trade up so I didn't see the breakout of the numbers, I just wanted to get to a payment amount for my lease.

wkontes
01-21-07, 03:36 PM
Thanks Kadonny, I am unable to pm you yet but as I am new to the forum, I did pick up a number of the details from your previous posts in the cts-v forum. I think I know enough from those posts but if there is more let me know how I can contact you I appreciate your help in advance, I look forward to seeing your sts-v on the streets around town, I live in Boyertown,

Kadonny
01-22-07, 07:13 AM
Very cool. If you see a Black V, it's got to be me :thumbsup:

I was parked at the Boyertown Y yesterday. Where you from in Boyertown? I'm close to Lower Potts H.S.

wkontes
01-23-07, 05:51 PM
I live off of 562 closer to Pine Forge, there are some terrific roads out there,

Krug Ford
02-01-07, 09:50 PM
I have a prepay lease assumption in my forsale section keep an eye out for my specials.

JDG
02-06-07, 01:55 PM
Think about getting some new tires....I ran the Pirelli's down to the belts and replaced them with Yokohama ADVN S-4's front and rear - All Seaon/Ultra High performance. Full set cost me $1,500. I couldn't be happier. I am in snow and wet all the time - Chicago/Detroit and I can't believe how much more stable and easy to handle my V is. I can still break the rear end loose but the Pirelli's were just too sloppy. If not the Yokohoma's check out something else. New tires really made a difference.

Kadonny
02-06-07, 02:51 PM
JDG, are the Yokos runflats?

caddyv8v
02-07-07, 01:48 PM
when you say the pirellis are sloppy, is that the handling they do not provide or how they hook up under torque...or both.