: GM finally announces rear differential fix for CTS-V's

CVP33
01-13-07, 03:26 PM
GM Corporation - General Press Release
Detroit, Michigan - 1/12/07

GM has agreed to correct the ongoing issue inherent in the CTS-V drivetrain, which is prone to axle tramp and rear differential failure. After reviewing both the NHSTA records and GM's own internal records for model years 2004 to 2006, the GETRAG differential has been shown to have an increased rate of failure when compared to other GM models. Chief Executive Rick Wagoner states "Our CTS-V owners represent an enthusiast demographic that both GM and Cadillac have been marketing to for years and we are starting to see the fruits of our labor. The last thing we want is to leave a bad taste in our buyers minds." To that end, GM has agreed to provide the fix to every CTS-V regardless of model year, miles, condition or number of owners. The new part will be released in the Fall of 2008 and is regarded as a quantum leap in engineering vs. the current GETRAG unit. Interested owners are asked to simply take their qualifying CTS-V model to their nearest dealer service center. The vehicle will be evaluated and a trade-in value assigned to the vehicle of somewhere between 10 and 20% of the original purchase price. This will then be applied to the cost of the replacement part, also known as the 2008 CTS-V. GM hopes that this will statisfy their growing number of owner enthusiasts and cement their place among the world class automakers worldwide. The TSB # for the replacement is GM-U FVKD UR 0WN3RS.

The Tony Show
01-13-07, 03:30 PM
Haha. Classic CVP.

:thumbsup:

Also in before lock.

urbanski
01-13-07, 03:33 PM
naw i aint lockin lol
its caturday

CVP33
01-13-07, 03:34 PM
Thanks man! There are posts, and there are POSTS. This will easily be the number one viewed thread of the day. Until of course it is inevitably locked. There's in ounce of truth in every pound of jokes. :highfive:

mdc
01-13-07, 03:35 PM
That is how that thread asking for 08 V deposits should have been worded ... heh

sy1172
01-13-07, 03:41 PM
Had me going, too funny!

heavymetals
01-13-07, 03:55 PM
I bet CVP buys one!:want:

HiTechRV
01-13-07, 04:03 PM
Had me going for a minute!!:bigD:

From my short time here, it seems to me like GM is being pretty reasonable on replacing the rear diffs. Even where dealers are claiming owner abuse, once the service manager, rep or corporate gets involved isn't the diff being replaced?

You should see what Ford is doing regarding V-8 SHO cam shafts causing catestrophic engine failure.

Z06CTSV
01-13-07, 04:08 PM
I need to get two just in case the first replacement part fails I'll have a backup. Or I can get a Lexus IS-F (http://www.lexus.com/fcv/is_f.html), and not worry about it. Great post though.....:histeric:

dqw1
01-13-07, 04:44 PM
I said no f'n way when before I opened it. I read the 1st sentence and skipped to the last. (But I did hope it was true).
CVP-bastard of the day, just kidding.

wildwhl
01-13-07, 05:25 PM
:histeric:

CVP33 - still the best...now where's toysnot - or are they one in the same?

WW

heavypedal
01-13-07, 05:36 PM
Ya killing me:dammit:

urbanski
01-13-07, 05:37 PM
I bet CVP buys one!:want:

seconded and thirded

DILLIGAF
01-13-07, 06:32 PM
friggen hemi

vmoving
01-13-07, 07:05 PM
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

pabstcadillac
01-13-07, 07:13 PM
The TSB # for the replacement is GM-U FVKD UR 0WN3RS.

Classic! :histeric: :alchi:

Chef
01-13-07, 10:35 PM
CLASSIC!:crying2:

ctsvett
01-13-07, 11:38 PM
how many people do you think will actually print this and bring it in? Seriously.

or better, how many dealers will try to type in the TSB #GM-U FVKD UR 0WN3RS?

I bet more of the later (note: standard lindsay disclaimer applys to all my dealer stupidity rants. Lindsay Cadillac is NOT dumb and IS a great dealership)...

Classic CVP... classic..

Reed

trekster
01-13-07, 11:53 PM
You bastard. You had me for a second.

rand49er
01-14-07, 06:11 AM
...now where's toysnot - or are they one in the same? ...Now THAT would be a good one!

Just think that if CVP had not gotten banned with the SRT boys, we wouldn't hear from him as often.

G--
01-14-07, 06:50 AM
Funny! Extra points for the TSB...:dammit:

CVP33
01-14-07, 09:58 AM
:histeric:

CVP33 - still the best...now where's toysnot - or are they one in the same?

WW

I can assure you, not one in the same. I'm an azz, just not a pretentious azz. :thumbsup:

CVP33
01-14-07, 09:59 AM
seconded and thirded

Yup, I'm due for a new one about 2008.

CVP33
01-14-07, 10:00 AM
how many people do you think will actually print this and bring it in? Seriously.

or better, how many dealers will try to type in the TSB #GM-U FVKD UR 0WN3RS?

I bet more of the later (note: standard lindsay disclaimer applys to all my dealer stupidity rants. Lindsay Cadillac is NOT dumb and IS a great dealership)...

Classic CVP... classic..

Reed

If they were all like Lindsay, none of us would've had an issue. Not even me.

CVP33
01-14-07, 10:03 AM
Now THAT would be a good one!

Just think that if CVP had not gotten banned with the SRT boys, we wouldn't hear from him as often.

Don't bet on it. The traffic over there is maybe 20% what it is here. The conversation is much less stimulating. Over zealous mod's have made that site a love fest the exchange of ideas is not encouraged. It's a revenue generator, nothing more.

ctsvflorida
01-14-07, 11:11 AM
I just returned from a brief trip and saw this! Wow! That's the CVP I remember! The TSB# is great! You come up with some great stuff and thumbs up to the admin. for leaving it! Keep em coming Chris!

Tags63
01-14-07, 06:30 PM
Hey!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!! That was great!!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

Paul

TrazzNJ
01-14-07, 08:34 PM
FKR.....Ya had me dead!!! TSB was the best!!

CTS-BV
01-14-07, 09:51 PM
Is everyone else getting that "deer in the headlights" look when you ask service writers exactly how MUCH rearend whine is enough to warranty the rearend? My local Caddy Dealership doesn't even stock V's -- LAAAAME! :bomb:

CTS-BV

HiTechRV
01-14-07, 09:55 PM
CTS-BV - you should be able to get a warranty replacement with rear end whine IMO.

diamondj
01-14-07, 10:11 PM
Top 10 post of the year!

wildwhl
01-14-07, 10:20 PM
diamondj -

The year is young, and CVP will be lemoning another GM car before year end, so don't hold your breath :hide:

WW

chrisalteregokelley@
01-14-07, 11:59 PM
no issues yet, knock on wood... wait, is that a knocking sound coming from my rear end?

ctsvflorida
01-15-07, 12:54 PM
Is everyone else getting that "deer in the headlights" look when you ask service writers exactly how MUCH rearend whine is enough to warranty the rearend? My local Caddy Dealership doesn't even stock V's -- LAAAAME! :bomb:

CTS-BV

Well, my dealer said if it whines we'll replace it! It was minimal too but I thought it was slowly getting louder and for this much money, they will change it. He was great.

For you, take them for a ride and keep it at the whine speed and explain that there is no reason it should do this, plain and simple! Shouldn't be a problem.