: V6 performance upgrades?

kltrulove
01-13-07, 02:22 PM
I have an 06 sts 3.6L just wondering what are some good upgrades to increase speed and horsepower?

ARTSBEST
01-14-07, 12:42 PM
Buy an STS with the 8 banger instead is the only way to accomplish what you asked.

antddaddy
01-15-07, 09:49 PM
Buy an STS with the 8 banger instead is the only way to accomplish what you asked.

That was a useless comment:canttalk:

Cajonkev
01-15-07, 10:26 PM
I have an 06 sts 3.6L just wondering what are some good upgrades to increase speed and horsepower?

I will assume you are looking for some basic readily available options as if you were a Tuner you would already have a list planned out...:sneaky:

The two basics are a cold air intake and a cat-back exhaust. They both increase airflow in/out and are supposed to allow the engine to operate at a more ideal level.

A performance chip mod would perhaps be next although there aren't any that are mass produced as yet (that I am aware of) although there are a couple of shops saying they are in the works or in prototype stage. This could include a re-program of your current ECM or a whole new chip.

The difference any/all of these make has not been well documented or shared as yet and due to the low number of STS's produced versus the number of folks that would actually do all this and report back here you may not get a whole lot of quantifiable data.

Even so, most of these are offering improvements in tenths of seconds overall considering they deal mainly with HP improvements and do little/nothing for torque and gear ratios.

If you want to start re-building the car then you might make some real changes but even looking at the difference between a stock performance STS now versus the current V's you can see the margins are not that great to work with without major upgrades/changes.

Driver/Driving conditions can have more effect than most of these mods for true performance unless you are on the track.

That doesn't take away from their other benefits like sound, appearance and driver perception...:thumbsup:

97greendeville
01-28-07, 12:13 AM
Where can you get the v6 CAI ?? Will the cts 3.6 work?? or are the engine compartments different???
Where do they make catback exhausts for these?? Corsa hasn't made one yet, only for v8.
Buck
Thanks sorry for bringin this thread back up .

Cajonkev
01-28-07, 04:49 PM
The V-6 CAI is discussed a bit here with some info on where to get it:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-beyond/95980-volant-has-05-06-sts-v.html

As for the exhaust i'll defer to others as I do not know of any for the 6 myself.

Good luck!