: Resetting "low refridgerant" code??

blocker11
03-12-04, 06:08 PM
I have also had the problem as the previous post and put in a can of 134a. The code is not resetting itself. Does this mean that there is still a problem or does it mean that the code needs to be reset?

When I turn the car on, it still says that the A/C compressor is off, so I can't turn the A/C on to see if the 134 I put in has worked.

Please advise.

dloch
03-12-04, 06:15 PM
I have also had the problem as the previous post and put in a can of 134a. The code is not resetting itself. Does this mean that there is still a problem or does it mean that the code needs to be reset?

When I turn the car on, it still says that the A/C compressor is off, so I can't turn the A/C on to see if the 134 I put in has worked.

Please advise.
You can unhook the battery to clear the then before starting the car agin hook up another can so the compressor will come on and draw in the next can in.

blocker11
03-12-04, 06:25 PM
I've been told that unhooking the battery will cause a problem with the radio settings and not being able to use it. True or False?? Has something to do with a anti-theft system.

dloch
03-12-04, 06:27 PM
I've been told that unhooking the battery will cause a problem with the radio settings and not being able to use it. True or False?? Has something to do with a anti-theft system.
I just had mine unhooked for two days while I was going through an alternator fiesco.... I didn't even lose my preset stations. Do you have the Bose system?

blocker11
03-12-04, 06:34 PM
No, no Bose system. A friend of mine that was a mechanic mentioned this to me.

Lawrence
03-13-04, 12:28 PM

That is true IF the Anti-Theft feature was activated. I beleive the factory default is dis-abled. So unless you, or a prior owner, have enabled the feature you should be OK.

If you're not sure you're going to have to deal with it sonner or later......