: Non IRS?

HiTechRV
01-13-07, 10:33 AM
Would it be nearly impossible to try a solid rear axle in a V? Yes, I know it would ruin the handling on a road course. Just wondering...

rand49er
01-13-07, 10:39 AM
I dunno ... let me peer into your wallet. :D

CIWS
01-13-07, 10:44 AM
Damn I thought you came up with a solution for me to stop paying taxes. Then I could afford to buy several diffs per yer :D

HiTechRV
01-13-07, 10:46 AM
LOL - It seems like the solid rear axles can get a lot more power to the ground at the strip - but I've never seen a post about anyone trying one.

thebigjimsho
01-13-07, 12:15 PM
Why not just drop an LS6/2 into a 90's Camaro and call it a day?

Woody_MI
01-13-07, 12:19 PM
Where do you live? I know of a guy here in MI that is a drivetrain guru. Since I'm just leasing my car, I'm not willing to invest any money into the IRS

HiTechRV
01-13-07, 12:43 PM
I've just been thinking about the 700+ hp cars lots on list here seem to have - especially the comment "I have a 10 second motor in a 12 second car". I could see CTS-V's being an interesting drag car running 11's or 10's with a solid rear axle. I won't be doing that to this '07, but I'm starting to see the possibilities in a used '04 given the prices they are going for - just skip the whole '06 diff/half shaft upgrade and move to something that can turn some big drag radials and put the power down to both at once without all the drivetrain wobble.

It's probably more practical to see who comes out with the upgraded regular diff first. I really wanted to crawl under the '08 CTS at the Autoshow just to get a look at the diff setup - really it's part of the car I've never had to give much consideration on any of my former vehicles.