: Decal Installer " I'm not "

rlj5
01-13-07, 05:07 AM
Got my decals from 8th day creations ( louvers & eyelids) & they look great. I put them on yesterday Aaannnddd, they look good as long as you stay at least 20' away.
So, I am going to get another set & see if I can find someone that can take mine off and put the new ones on .
Acually they were looking a little better with each one, the last one was only half as screwed up as the first one, But the first one was pretty bad.

01-13-07, 07:16 AM
did you use a slip solution, an alcohol solution, a squeegee, and a warm garage?

there are many artilces around about how to apply "clear bras". which are nothing more than big clear decals. The big decals take some skill, but the smaller ones or the ones that cover flat surfaces are easy.

CTS/CTSV headlights are particularly difficult due to the compound curves...

(of course this begs the question of why you would want to clutter up a CTSV with decals, but to each their own)

rand49er
01-13-07, 07:54 AM
:postpics:

The Tony Show
01-13-07, 01:28 PM
I'm guessing that you didn't wet the stickers. When you get your new ones, spray a light soap+water mix all over the surface you're applying it to as well as the back of the decal. Then you can slide it around and get it positioned, after which you use a credit card to squeegee out the water. That gets all the air bubbles out and a nice, smooth finish.

This is the procedure window tinters use, as well as folks who apply stickers to race cars, etc....

WHYTRY
01-13-07, 02:01 PM
use a few drops of palmolive dish soap in a spray bottle filled with water. spray on back of sticker, decal, or tint. Spray alittle on car area. Apply. Then squeege out. Heatgun or hairdryer to get the rest out what doesn't come out will dry out in sun. That's how I've done tint and decals for years in my tint shop. What eyelids and louvers are we talking about? Pics are where?

rlj5
01-13-07, 04:25 PM
[
Ok , Ok, Pictures. Here are the pictures of my screwed up decals,
eyelids over front & back lenses, & louvers over backup lights

O:postpics:[/quote

]