: All Kinds of Goodies Ordered

Feffman
01-12-07, 08:50 PM
OK gang, ordered the Ground Control suspension today. Will be installing the suspension stuff along with braided steel brake lines and new Carbotech (www.CarboTechEng.com) brake pads next weekend. Went with the 500/550 springs. Here's hoping it fits the bill for the street and my track days!

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com

G--
01-12-07, 08:53 PM
jealous. Let us know how the Carbotech pads treat you...

Feffman
01-12-07, 09:51 PM
jealous. Let us know how the Carbotech pads treat you...

I've used Carbotech XP Panther Plus track pads for years on my Lotus Esprit(did a fair amount of comparing Hawk, Porterfield, Performance Friction ) and their street pad on my former Audi A8. Their pads are VERY easy on rotors. Really liked them both. So much so they are now the "Official Brake Pad of MVP Track Time (http://www.ctbrakes.com)".

I'll use their same street pad and on the track I'm starting with a combiantion of the XP10(front) and XP8(rear) per Carbotech's suggestion.

Happy Motoring!

Mark Pfeffer
www.MVPTrackTime.com

rand49er
01-12-07, 10:27 PM
... Went with the 500/550 springs....I had those and thought they weren't enough. FYI, traded with another member here for 600/650 and am much happier. :bouncy:

Feffman
01-13-07, 05:32 AM
I had those and thought they weren't enough. FYI, traded with another member here for 600/650 and am much happier. :bouncy:

Rand:

I drive 15K-20K annually so thought i'd start out with the 500/550. The good thing, I cna always go up for a very limited investment in springs!

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com

rand49er
01-13-07, 07:57 AM
Rand:

I drive 15K-20K annually so thought i'd start out with the 500/550. The good thing, I cna always go up for a very limited investment in springs!

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com (http://www.MVPTrackTime.com)

You ever get up this way, and I'll let you drive mine ... you'll want 'em. :thumbsup:

Feffman
01-18-07, 06:04 PM
There will be no joy in Mudville this weekend as a part for my Ground Control suspension is on back order, the new brake pads aren't in and it's too cold to sit on a concrete floor in the garage! SIGH!

Was hoping to do the suspension, braided steel brake lines and brake pads all in one shot.

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com