: Does The "G" Meter Reset Itself?...Ballast Blew...

Chef
01-12-07, 08:18 PM
Just got back for the second full day at the dealership for a right light replacement that was burned out.

1st day they had it all day but ended up not having the light in stock after I called to make sure they did ----ohhh....a V? put the face back up and told me to come back when they had the part.

Today, all day came to pick the car up and they said we still don't have the light working because we need to replace the ballast - $400.00

They said that the ballest blew and they heard a loud pop:rant2:

Would the blown ballest mess with or effect my tune?

Also, noticed the g meter was back to normal too?

Thanks,
Chef

ssmith100
01-12-07, 08:49 PM
If they unhooked the battery it will reset the "G" meter.

SHane

Lindsay Cadillac
01-12-07, 08:50 PM
:yeah: Shouldn't mess with your tune...

Ckroll
01-12-07, 09:09 PM
Hey James at Lindsay.....I'm assuming you're a V owner too huh?? I live in Centreville and could use a contact at a local dealer!!! What do you do at Lindsay??

Chris

dvandentop
01-12-07, 09:54 PM
get a used ballast off ebay

OldRoadDawg
01-12-07, 10:11 PM
Hey James at Lindsay.....I'm assuming you're a V owner too huh?? I live in Centreville and could use a contact at a local dealer!!! What do you do at Lindsay??

Chris
James is the HMFIC . . aka Service Manager (although I think he has some really fancy title on his office door)
And.. yes, he owns a V. Really good guy who keeps the rest of us on track literally and figuratively speaking. :thumbsup:
Lindsay Cadillac will treat you first-class.

svassh
01-12-07, 10:12 PM

Chris

Hehehehehehehe, James is the man :worship:

The Tony Show
01-12-07, 10:19 PM
I hope you don't mean that they want you to pay $400 for a ballast, do you?

Lindsay Cadillac
01-12-07, 10:31 PM
:yeah: Shouldn't mess with your tune...Forgot to mention... If they disconnected your battery that will clear all your fuel trim data... It will take about 100 miles before it'll run the way it was before...

ChrisYes I own a V, 2005 Redline... I'm the Service Director at Lindsay.

I hope you don't mean that they want you to pay $400 for a ballast, do you?:word:

That's messed up...

CIWS
01-12-07, 10:34 PM
That should be covered under warranty and Chef shouldn't have to pay for anything.

The Tony Show
01-12-07, 10:36 PM
Yeah, no kidding. The wording of the post just wasn't too clear, and while my impression of Chef has always been that he's a pretty sharp guy.....I'm just making sure.

Chef
01-12-07, 11:13 PM
:thumbsup: covered 100% although I'm not very smart:bigroll:

Found this in the car -

Headlamps Inoperative - Low Beams (w/HID) (TT6)

Caution: The high intensity discharge system produces high voltage and current. To reduce the risk of severe shocks and burns:

Never open the high intensity discharge system ballast or the arc tube assembly starter
Never probe between the high intensity discharge system ballast output connector and the arc tube assemblyThere's a 30 step process in replacement that is very intense.

The guys at Coulter have been great now that Glenn Cable is my service agent - There was another guy there that simply blows in the past. They are good peeps...

Chef