: Clunk in the Roof?

livingthedream
01-12-07, 08:02 PM
I just bought a V8 05 SRX with everything on it but the navigation system. So far it mostly seems to be very good vehicle but when the glass roof is closed and the cover is closed if you turn hard right or left there is a large clunking noise that sounds like its in the roof.

Anybody had such a problem?

The wife says that there are rattles everywhere but I have been driving it for a week and I dont notice much except the clunk in the roof.

I normally drive an 05 CTS-V.

Any guidance would be helpful. I think I got a good deal on the car with 16,000 miles on it and like I said its pretty loaded. The V8 is awsome for a smooth rider.

livingthedream
turn the key and smile

ryaus1
01-13-07, 01:13 PM
Seems to be a very common issue with the 2005s. Mine had the same problem. See the following threat, it contains a service bulletin: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-forum/81923-creaking-ultra-view-roof-my-05-a.html?highlight=sunroof
After bringing my car to the dealer with the service bulletin printed out, they finally were able to fix it.

donjumpsuit
01-13-07, 01:24 PM
Same thing happened to me, a loud pop. Go to the dealer and they can bring up on the computer 3 service bulletins. One of them has them taking the whole roof off and "retorquing" the bolts as it goes back on. This fixes the problem.

The rear seats, and seat belts will rattle alot of times. There is no real fix for the seats, but if you clip the seat belt buckle behind the rear seat, there are these plastic clasps, clip the buckle so it rests above these clasps, for a rattle free ride.

What was the deal? How much did you pay?

livingthedream
01-13-07, 08:01 PM
thanks for the inputs..... the forums are great! I have had so much good info on my CTS-V and now again on the SRX. This really helps.

As for the deal, with 16K, equipped as stated, over the curb and burning gas (TTL included) right at 30K. The car is stealth grey and is immaculate.

Got it from a Benz dealer who really did not want it on the lot, he makes more money on used MB so I took it off his hands. :)

Thanks again.

livingthedream
turn the key and smile