: Fuse For Airbags

DJ RENE
01-12-07, 05:29 PM
Hi,I have done some searching on this forum and havent had any luck. I have an 03 Lade and have to remove the airbag on the steering wheel, I was wondering if there is a fuse, and if there is one wich one is it, to dissable the airbags, I really wouldnt want to disconect my battery and lose all my info on my Pioneer AVIC Z1, If anyone can help me i would greatly appriciate it!

DJ RENE
01-12-07, 07:12 PM
Anyone? I would really appriciate the help!:bigroll:

Synergetic
01-12-07, 09:29 PM
The best place to look is under the hood in your electrical box or the fuse box aside the steering wheel.

Cad tech
01-12-07, 09:59 PM
turn key off, remove air bag, never removed fuse to repair anything on the steering colomn....but..underhood fuse panel, SIR is the one you are after.

DJ RENE
01-13-07, 02:47 AM
Thanks a lot Cad Tech, I knew i could count on this forum!:bouncy:

CAD-E!
01-14-07, 10:43 PM
Hi,I have done some searching on this forum and havent had any luck. I have an 03 Lade and have to remove the airbag on the steering wheel, I was wondering if there is a fuse, and if there is one wich one is it, to dissable the airbags, I really wouldnt want to disconect my battery and lose all my info on my Pioneer AVIC Z1, If anyone can help me i would greatly appriciate it!

was it a easy process to remove it?

ewill3rd
01-15-07, 06:11 AM
'03 is really easy to remove.
Personally I rarely pull fuses, but I always recommend it to novices for protection. It SHOULD be done, but I wouldn't say it's 100% necessary.

CAD-E!
01-15-07, 02:20 PM
is the airbag easy to remove, ill be swapping out my steering wheel for a platinum edition steering wheels when i get it.

benamaster
01-15-07, 02:44 PM
is the airbag easy to remove, ill be swapping out my steering wheels for a platinum edition steering wheels when i get it.

I think you'll need a steering wheel puller. It can't be too hard. I thought the only difference between the two wheels was the color?

ewill3rd
01-15-07, 04:24 PM
It is VERY easy to remove the airbag.