: Easy Exit Seat Non-Performance

lazybill
01-12-07, 04:19 PM
I have an 07 AWD full-featured SRX. I have programmed it (repeatedly) for Memory Seat Recall and Easy Exit Seat. On the first trip each day, on the first stop and key removal, the seat does not move to the set exit position. However, on the second and all subsequent stops, the seat moves back as programmed. Next day, deja vue, all over again, the procedure repeats.

I guess this is really no big deal, but is this supposedly the normal way it should work, or is the subroutine out of whack or whatever? The owner's manual is no help and I decided to get some expert advice before approaching the always doubting thomases at the dealers.

Tks for any advice.
Bill

The Tony Show
01-12-07, 04:36 PM
The seat will only slide back if the key is removed and the door opened. I've seen a lot of people open the door with the key still in, in which case it does not work.

If the seat doesn't move, or doesn't move far enough, you can always tap the "exit" button on the door panel (between 1 and 2) to get another 6 inches of seat travel.

lazybill
01-12-07, 07:38 PM
Roger, Tony, you're right, and I do that when the seat doesn't retract. However, it seems the seat ought to retract the first and every time.
Thanks for your reply.
Bill

The Tony Show
01-12-07, 08:35 PM
No problem. Sometimes memory seats can have a mind of their own, and it's especially hard to get it to act up for the dealer.

louisn
01-13-07, 02:51 PM
Roger, Tony, you're right, and I do that when the seat doesn't retract. However, it seems the seat ought to retract the first and every time.
Thanks for your reply.
Bill
Don't forget you have 2 programs. Are they both programmed the same?Try using your remote FOB before you use the easy exit feature, then try it! It should work the first time, I think?:hide: My SRX uses my wife's program until I use my remote. Then it switches over to mine. Then she has to hit her remote to switch back.

The Tony Show
01-14-07, 09:39 PM
On 2007 models, the personalization settings in the DIC such as easy exit seat on/off are no longer seperate for Driver 1 and Driver 2- they are shared. The only thing different will be the position of the seats, mirrors, etc.