: Spintek's Anyone?

AWDTSi
01-12-07, 03:38 PM
Anyone here running a set of spintek's? I have a set of 22's on my escalade I just bought. Surprisingly odd though the fronts spin a heck of a lot longer than the backs. It should be the other way around.
Has anyone ever taken them apart and greased the bearings? Curious as to any how to on any way of adjusting or lubricating them.

clubrph
01-12-07, 08:16 PM
Best Way To Help Is Get Rid Of Them....

AWDTSi
01-12-07, 11:35 PM
Please make like a spinner and keep rollin out of this thread. I didnt ask for smart comments.

TheCaddyKidd
01-13-07, 03:16 AM
im not positive but i think i read on another forum of a guy using WD40 although i dont know how long that would last... maybe just throw some grease or something like that.. i never took one apart but i know what you say when 1 spins faster than the other.. try a can of wd40

urbanski
01-13-07, 08:18 AM
Please make like a spinner and keep rollin out of this thread. I didnt ask for smart comments.

:haha:

Synergetic
01-13-07, 10:07 AM
I wouldn't use WD40....
Call the manufacturer for advice.

Smokin' 04 CTS
01-13-07, 11:29 AM
When I mounted 22" chopper spinners on my yukon the fronts always spun more than the rears. the ones out back tended to float a lot more. I think it has a lot to do with the additional articulation of the front wheels as opposed to the rear.

So everytime you steer the wheel, you are forcing it to spin more and more. I've rotated them several times and I get the same results, so lubing them up wil not make much of a difference. In fact, the more lubed up they are, the more likely the are to just float. because they will oppose the rotation of the wheel. It's when they are not properly lubricated that they begin to spin with the wheel as you drive off.

STEALTHBOMBER
01-13-07, 01:18 PM
i had them on my navigator like 4 or 5 years ago and i had the opposite problem the front ones acted like floaters and the back one just made noise... thought they were great at first but after having them i realized they suck.... i got i set of 24 davins 4.2 for sale if you really want spinners... but there played out

Falkolade
01-13-07, 04:15 PM
but there played out

...true that...

urbanski
01-13-07, 04:35 PM
...true that...

:true:

Smokin' 04 CTS
01-14-07, 12:34 AM
dat is tru

chrias
01-15-07, 01:49 PM
I have the Spintek Bombers and I had a problem with one of the spinners being too tight and not spinning much. What I did was loosen the bolt a bit to give it more play.

These bearings are sealed so you can't just lubricate them. Your other option is to go to a bearing manufacturer and get another set of bearings as dirt could've gotten in.