: Check Washer Fluid Message??

TheCaddyKidd
01-12-07, 11:50 AM
lately when i start my truck and start driving i get the check washer fluid message however its not 1 time and then it doesnt come on.. yesterday it came on 3 times in a matter of like 5 minutes... and the wierd thing is that i never use my washer fluid.. the last time i used it was a couple of months back and didnt even use that much.. is it normal to get a message like this so many times in a matter of minutes?

Uria702
01-12-07, 04:02 PM
after a while it evaporates. u might want to refill it. washer fluid is like 99 cents at any gas station

benamaster
01-12-07, 04:24 PM
I had that message in the summer and I don't use the washer fluid either. I think that there might be a small crack or leak in the tank. I am not sure but I just refilled it and haven't got the message since. Maybe it does evaporate the whole tank away if you don't use it.

hcvone
01-12-07, 05:06 PM
My 03' came up with that message, after looking at it there was no fluid due to a crack in the plastic. I glued the area and never had another problem.

pabstcadillac
01-12-07, 05:09 PM
after a while it evaporates. u might want to refill it. washer fluid is like 99 cents at any gas station

Free with a 10gal purchase at any store. Little known secret, try it sometime. :alchi:

annie
01-12-07, 05:56 PM
Free with a 10gal purchase at any store. Little known secret, try it sometime. :alchi:

In what state is that because the word free is not in the vocabulary of any gas station in my hood.

pabstcadillac
01-12-07, 06:06 PM
In what state is that because the word free is not in the vocabulary of any gas station in my hood.

No the Splash company reimburses the stations. It's kind of like not having to pay for cabs to strip clubs, because the club picks up those tabs. What you pay the driver is pure tip. :alchi:

benamaster
01-12-07, 07:09 PM
My 03' came up with that message, after looking at it there was no fluid due to a crack in the plastic. I glued the area and never had another problem.

Where was the crack? I think I have one in mine but its not on the bottom like it is somewhere where there is always a little left in it. I guess I'll have to have the dealer look at it.

hcvone
01-13-07, 11:52 AM
Mine was about 1" above the bottom

Uria702
01-13-07, 05:31 PM
the temperature under your hood is very high when operating, the fluid will evaporate same way oil burns off cause of heat.