: BMR Road noise???

bjohnso0
01-11-07, 08:02 PM
Anyone install a complete BMR kit (toe rods, trailing arms, anti-wheelhop kit)?

They explain that there will be increased road noise with the trailing arms and wheel hop kit, but how much? I want to know how bad it is before I order all the pieces.

All of my cars that I have built in the past had all eurathane bushings and some had spherical rod end tie rods. They had a little road nois change, but very livable.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

thebigjimsho
01-11-07, 09:46 PM
The BMR has metal spacers that will add noise. What I did was get the Specter anti wheelhop bushings and replaced the metal spacers with those. Then you can still use the BMR bar. The noise with the Specter bushings is much reduced.

heavymetals
01-11-07, 10:06 PM
The tie rods are great, but the lock-nut is buried on the frame end and very hard to get at.

I was thinking of fabricating a special tool for that.

The trailing arms are on a spherical bearing.

All of the ends (except the ones that connect to the wheel) need spacers and you need to mic it out then add the proper ones to get it right. PITA.

As for "noise", I can't hear anything over the B&B :histeric:

bjohnso0
01-12-07, 12:17 AM
Tried to search for the Specter bushings but came up empty handed. Where can I get them?

Rey
01-12-07, 09:36 AM
When I installed the BMR metal bushing/transverse bar kit it passed "The Wife Test" in that she did not notice the change. She is not a car person, and is very sensitive to any increase in harshness, vibration or noise. Her hearing is much better than mine, and I noticed no material noise increase either.