: What are interior dimensions of cargo area with the seats folded down?

John H
01-11-07, 06:01 PM
Thinking about purchasing a SRX. Can anyone help me with a few dimensions? What's the interior distance from the tailgate to the back of the front seats with the second and third rows folded down? What's the clear horizontal dimension at the tailgate? Is it possible to slide a sheet of plywood (4'x8') into the back even if the tailgate won't close? Thanks.

c5 rv
01-11-07, 08:05 PM
I have an 06 and the dimensions should be about the same for all.

Closed tailgate to rear of front seats: 76" - 80" depending on where the front seats are and seatback angle.

Width: 36" at the narrowest point - just behind the second seat. 39" between the wheelwells.

When I set my tape measure at 48", I could not get it in at an angle. I would forget about a sheet of plywood. Maybe Acadia, Envoy, or Yukon (XL).

John H
01-12-07, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the dimensions.

robhersch
01-13-07, 12:23 AM
Suggest you consider a roof-bar-kit for carrying 4 x 8 sheet or other items that will not fit inside SRX. GMPartsDirect.com has (or had) best deal on a lockable pair of cross bars that mount directly onto existing SRX roof rails; I got pair from them after checking several sources (variety of configurations from Westin brand from SUVXccessory.com @ $229; also Perrycraft.com @ ~$300, others found ~$200 to $500). GM Part # 12498684 Utility Bar Kit; GM price on 9/6/05 was $109.02 + handling chg + DHL freight total ~ $150. My unit: 2 bars are 48" wide, adjustable & lockable mounting above SRX roof rails, clear UltraView & sharkfin OK, carries 4' x 8' plywood sheet fine (need straps to secure during transit), and suggest using pair 2" x 2" x 8' to keep plywood stiff during transit. good luck.

c5 rv
01-13-07, 08:35 AM
Better ways to transport big stuff home rather than wrestle it on and off a roof rack:

- Buy lunch for a friend or co-worker that has a pickup truck, like me. One of my co-workers had an addition built and I had 3-4 free lunches over the past few months helping him bring home furniture and a big screen TV. Another friend paid for part of a very nice adjustable hitch so he could borrow the truck to bring home about 5000 lbs. of printing equipment.
- Rent an open trailer.
- Rent one of the trucks / vans that Home Depot or Lowes have for this purpose.
- Have the retailer deliver the materials.