: Thefts in SoCal!

Kickboxer
01-11-07, 12:31 PM
Just saw on Good Day LA that a ring of organized SUV thefts is going on at SoCal malls. Did not mention model years but they said lades and yukons etc. are being targeted. Said they are being driven to South America or stripped of the Nav system. Mission Viejo mall has had 28 stolen alone. Be careful.

Anyone know if the addition of an aftermarket alarm is just a simple plug in affair with 07's, or is there something funky with the electronics that makes it difficult?

jrs05caddyext
01-11-07, 06:07 PM
I saw this on the news too. Like they say, if they want it they will take it

benamaster
01-11-07, 07:50 PM
Anyone know if the addition of an aftermarket alarm is just a simple plug in affair with 07's, or is there something funky with the electronics that makes it difficult?

An alarm system is pretty complicated to install unless you have done it before. I don't know how much it would help though. I'd rather have something like the Jimmy Jammer and a fuel cut switch.

vietfob714
01-11-07, 11:58 PM
wow i was just at mission viejo mall around xmas time. Lucky me nothing happened.

Synergetic
01-12-07, 01:06 AM
wow i was just at mission viejo mall around xmas time. Lucky me nothing happened.

Yeah, Holidays is the worst time. Whenever I go anywhere now, I valet park.

Kickboxer
01-12-07, 11:48 AM
JimmyJammer and an aftermarket alarm are what I'd like to do. Regarding the alarm, I use my remote start and remote tailgate daily. Does anyone have an aftermarket alarm installed that allows everything OEM to still work?

hapaschold
01-13-07, 09:01 PM
was at caddy dealer in s jersey, they had 2 esv s stolen, 1 was left behind on lot, must have been disturbed. other dealer where i work, constantly hit taking out hid headlites... lots of scratch and dent sale s there

LLT
01-14-07, 01:20 PM
Maybe in other parts of the country people pay attention to alarms. Back in Michigan (namely Lansing and Detroit) - I can't say that anyone gave a second look to an alarm going off. People get them installed on their Neons, set the alarm to be super sensitive causing it to go off constantly. After a while, you don't even notice, much less care when an alarm goes off.

They're pointless beyond a false sense of security for the owner. In the end, if someone wants your car, they'll get it. That's the sad reality.

benamaster
01-14-07, 01:52 PM
I live in Michigan too and I notice everyone always has an alarm going off too. I guess people get them for the remote start feature. The only time anyone looks is if they're right in front of the car. Its kinda sad. I think the only type of alarm that would help is the LoJack one with the KeyFob that notifys you or something like MyMobileGuardian.

heavy footed
01-14-07, 02:01 PM
I had the viper 791xv installed on my ride and it has a paging system and remote start on it .I get a buzz on my remote whenever it goes off.
also with out the key in the ignition , if someone gets in it and hot wires it and starts it, as soon as they step on the brake pedal it shuts the car off.
but by that time I would have already been there with my shotgun pointed in thier face !
just make sure if you get an alarm like this that you have a authorized viper dealer install it, that way you get lifetime warranty on install and parts.
also viper will pay your deductible up tp 2500 bucks if your ride gets stolen.
hope this helps.
also you CAN retain all your factory options with this alarm.
I'm not a dealer and don't work for the company,just a happy customer !
see ya,
Heavy