: GM Came Through!

LLT
01-10-07, 09:28 PM
As many know, I purchased an 07 ESV a few months ago. Since then, I've had the vehicle roughly 10 days. The rest of the time it's been in for service for one thing after another, including failing hvac. I've given the dealer the benefit of the doubt and haven't pushed the issue with GM until yesterday. I called the dealer and told them I'm coming to pick it up, I don't care if it's by tow truck or otherwise. Magically, they had everything done today when I got there.

I saw on the service order "fabricated wire harness" and said enough is enough. I contacted a contact at GM and got the name, number and e-mail address of a higher-up. I contacted that person, explained the situation and told them I don't want the vehicle - and much to my surprise he was very receptive, very apologetic and essentially said "I don't blame you! It's coming back, we'll get a new one for you." What's more, they reimbursed me a payment.

I have a long history with GM, so it was very important to me that they step up and rid me of this thing, which they did. I'm relieved and grateful in equal measure!

As for the dealer, I have little respect left for them and it's evident they were milking GM on warranty repairs this entire time. It's simply a courtesy delivery, so I told the GM rep that I'd be fine with the new vehicle going to that dealer, but I want it off the truck and parked, I want to be present for the PDI and I don't want them so much as touching the new vehicle.

Overall, I'm very pleased I'll finally get what a Cadillac -should- be. :)

yourgmsolutions
01-10-07, 11:24 PM
sorry for all trouble you went through
finaly it's all behined and I really wish/hope you'll enjoy your next Escalade

Synergetic
01-11-07, 12:36 AM
PROPS TO GM!!! Thats an example of excellent customer service.

benamaster
01-11-07, 01:18 AM
Glad to hear everything worked out. Hope you like your new ESV alot better.

LLT
01-11-07, 01:23 AM
Thanks guys. I've no doubt the new one will be much better. Here's hoping I have some of hvcone's luck (minus the exploding engine, please!) :)

hcvone
01-11-07, 06:40 AM
It's ashame your dealership is not like the one I use, after what I went thru with my "problem" and since then I just can't put in words how smooth everything went. I own Benz's, BMW's and Jag's and even a Range Rover, and none of their service is as good as I have been treated by my Caddy dealer. My neighbor up the street had his 6 week old 7 series BMW's engine blow (must be something on our street ;) ) and after much back and forth they are replacing his engine with a new one, but would not even think of replacing the car, he is not very happy. As I said before, things like this keep me driving GM cars and trucks. :)

LLT
01-11-07, 10:08 AM
I'm sure you of all people understand how much of a relief and how much it means to have GM stand behind their work. I was getting a little worried honestly because the dealer wasn't being very receptive and I wasn't getting terribly far with cadillac customer care because of the dealer.

As said, it all worked out though - I couldn't be happier!

hcvone
01-11-07, 10:59 AM
I think you did good and you should be happy. :)

hilldo
01-11-07, 12:40 PM
Good for you! I've had nothing but good experiences with David Taylor Cadillac in Houston and Cadillac Warranty Service (like the time they came to my driveway and put in a new battery).

I've had issues with my 99 Escalade but the service after the sale brought me back to buy two vehicles from the dealership and the STS Mama is rollin now is a great ride so far.

alpinewhite325i
01-11-07, 08:24 PM
Congrats on the new truck!

Now where's that guy that was asking about the GM Buyback...............

Rolex
01-11-07, 09:29 PM
Congrats on the new truck!

Now where's that guy that was asking about the GM Buyback...............

Another, "I told you so" kind of guy huh??? :p