: BMW ///M School

Seattle CTS-V
01-10-07, 02:47 PM
I just got invited to join my friend at the BMW ///M school next month on the East coast. He bought an M6 last fall and gets 2 spots for a 1.5 day tracking event. His wife decided she didn't want to go and I was next on the list! Should be pretty fun. It'll give me a good idea of how my modded V handles against the best from BMW. I can't wait! Anyone else take this course?

trukk
01-10-07, 02:52 PM
Sounds cool.

What track is it going to be at?

Makre sure you take a bunch of pic's, and do a write up of the experience.

I bet there will be a bunch of surprised M drivers there :D

-Chris

V-Max
01-10-07, 03:57 PM
Sounds cool.

What track is it going to be at?

Makre sure you take a bunch of pic's, and do a write up of the experience.

I bet there will be a bunch of surprised M drivers there :D

-Chris

Chris, those are usually "canned" events when you buy an M car. You you use BMWs but not all M's. Buddy had an '00 M5 and went to the school at Spartanburg, SC, where BMW assembles. Gave him a certificate and a good time. Price of ownership! Saab does something similar and so does MB but at a cost. Don't see caddy doing anything similar unless they make a V version of every model like MB.

Norm

OldRoadDawg
01-10-07, 04:11 PM
A friend, who had purchased a Dodge Magnum SRT8, was invited (+ 1 friend) to a 1 day event consisting of classroom & tracktime at Sears Point. Instructors were from Skip Barber. Used 300Cs/Chargers/Cherokee SRT8s and a Viper supplied by the manufacturer. Said 'she' had a blast.
Never heard of Caddy doing anything close to this.

Tags63
01-10-07, 04:43 PM
Hey!!!

Yea, being an member of the BMWCCA for nearly 20 years and owning many ///M cars. I've been down there a few times since they built it. It's definitely a great time. You won't be disappointed. It's even better when they have a club event going on and they use that track along with some other fun skidpads for various handling techniques. Good Luck & Have fun!!!

Paul:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Seattle CTS-V
01-10-07, 05:49 PM
Cool. I wish I could take my V and drive her side-by-side but, as mentioned, it's an all-BMW event. It'll be awesome I'm sure!

CIWS
01-10-07, 05:52 PM
Damn, you'll hang out with anyone huh......

;)

Koooop
01-10-07, 06:04 PM
That event is lots of fun, I'm jealous!

Seattle CTS-V
01-10-07, 08:47 PM
Damn, you'll hang out with anyone huh......

;)

What can I say...I'm a cheap date.