: Any SoCal / Orange County V owners out there?

Maliclipse
01-10-07, 12:10 PM
My modlist consists of a aftermarket shifter, cai, exhaust, and a tune. I'd like to meet up with someone whose done all or any of those to see them first hand.

Beers on me if anyone wants to meet up for an hour or two.

I'm down in the Laguna Beach/Irvine area.

M

lawfive
01-10-07, 01:12 PM
Howdy Mal,

Yes, there are a number of V owners in SoCal (SD, OC, LA, Riverside, and SB counties). There's even one car crazy V owner in Newport Beach (you know who you are...). I'm in Corona, just up the toll road from you.

We get together for V meets occasionally. I say "V," but anybody's welcome to bring anything and we get a number of CTS-ers.

Reed: Maybe it's time for another?

lunarx
01-10-07, 08:19 PM
I have UUC Shifter & LWFW & Maggie sitting in boxes, but not yet installed.
We need to have an install party. :highfive:

heavymetals
01-10-07, 08:23 PM
I am around usually all the time now days.

lawfive
01-10-07, 11:26 PM
Lynden b lonely?

GAGS-V
01-10-07, 11:34 PM
I also think the time is right to have another get together. Beers on Mal's tab sounds good to me:)

heavymetals
01-10-07, 11:41 PM
Lynden b lonely?

Lynden B RETIRED!!:thumbsup:

Maliclipse
01-11-07, 12:18 AM
We can have a meet at my house. I have two full pony kegs and almost a full bar in my kitchen / dining room.

Meet in Aliso? :)

M

ctsvett
01-11-07, 12:27 AM
I fyou are offering, then yes..

Actually, Snoop LBC (the one with the lambo doors- hope that doenst get me banned), is trying to put together a CTS meet as well and I think we should combine.. its that time...

He wants to do a LA drive to San diego.. I most likley would meet in LA but NOT drive to San Diego.

Shall we do aliso? Are you really offering?

Otehrwise we can do tustin/ newport...

I am thinking of sunday Feb 11? anyone have a better date?

Reed

Maliclipse
01-11-07, 12:35 AM
Yep, I wouldn't mind hosting a handful of v owners...

I also participate in a weekly coffee car show at a privately owned shop called The Neighborhood Cup (http://www.theneighborhoodcup.com/). They usually have half a dozen classics show up every sunday morning. The last sunday of every month is a Mini cooper meet.

When I had my cobra I'd usually have 6-12 03-04s show up and we'd just have coffee, breakfast, and talk cars.

lawfive
01-11-07, 01:33 AM
Lynden B RETIRED!!:thumbsup:
Sure. Rub it in.

andy92782
01-11-07, 04:59 PM
Any of you guys interested in buying a spare wheel/tire? I recently sold my V and I have it sitting in my garage. I live in OC.

Maliclipse
01-11-07, 05:11 PM
how much?

lawfive
01-11-07, 05:15 PM
Maybe. Stock rim? Painted, or polished? Price?

andy92782
01-11-07, 05:19 PM
It's a stock rim, has a few scratches so not cosmetically perfect but for a spare wheel it's fine. It has an Avon Tech tire mounted on it, stock size with 80%+ tread remaining. No tire pressure sensor. I'm looking to get $200 for it. Email me if you have any other questions: andy92782 at yahoo.com. I had a classified ad posted here for a couple weeks but didn't get any bites. Thanks!

Koooop
01-11-07, 06:04 PM
Free Beer!!! I'm In!

Koooop
01-11-07, 06:15 PM
I'm going to Irvine Spectrum Ford Design Center on Sat early (7:00 AM or so). Take your V there (I wanna stuff the V in the middle of the S4 guys and rattle their cage).

lawfive
01-11-07, 11:54 PM
I'm going to Irvine Spectrum Ford Design Center on Sat early (7:00 AM or so). Take your V there (I wanna stuff the V in the middle of the S4 guys and rattle their cage).

What's happening there?

BadCad
01-12-07, 12:50 PM
Lynden B RETIRED!!
sh!t Lynden, you're too young to be retired. Whatcha doin' with all that free time? :hmm:
Florian seems to have close to 100K on his V - you going to pass him up?

heavymetals
01-12-07, 01:28 PM
Well it gives me time to work on Mr. Vette, the V and my place (sometimes all at once!).:histeric:

Finally (well hope this is final!) adjusted the valve train on the V (mod hell revisited) and then I will start on the Vette.

Sometimes I get so bored I correct spelling errors on the forum :bonkers:

Koooop
01-12-07, 02:37 PM
What's happening there?
We were ordered to leave Crystal Cove and never return by his majesty Mr. Bren... New location.

Do not drive fast in Irvine, ever!

There are at least 2 Veyrons that go there, Enzo's, more than a dozen Ford GT's, Porsche GT's, Callaway C16 & C12, Buick GNS, Loads of NB Chevy's (i.e. Porsche's), FI Vette's solid axle's and Mid-years. Some dude brought a 1930? Chrysler dual cowl phaeton out, it's better than the LA car show.

Cars and Coffee
Ford PAG Campus
7905 Gateway Blvd
Irvine, CA 92618
7am-9am every Sat morning

Of course my favorite car there:

chrisalteregokelley@
01-13-07, 06:20 PM
Fresh V in HB. I'm down for a V-Meet. Reed mentioned 2-11-7. Kooop mentioned Spectrum on Sat ??Date?

Just finished the OEM spoiler install. check it out:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2536365/2

lawfive
01-19-07, 02:39 PM
We can have a meet at my house. I have two full pony kegs and almost a full bar in my kitchen / dining room.

Meet in Aliso? :)

M

If you are offering, then yes..

I am thinking of sunday Feb 11? anyone have a better date?

Reed

Is this officially ON?

heavymetals
01-19-07, 02:47 PM
I am game for this weekend. :D

Anybody who is offering free beer has my attention!

Koooop
01-19-07, 07:37 PM
I'll be going to Spectrum Saturday AM, it starts at 7am. I'm going to get there on time this time so I can park next to the Audi guys and give them a rattle with the Magnaflows!

(I'm in for the 11th whatever that is)

lawfive
01-19-07, 11:13 PM
Can't Saturday; I'll be at home waiting for a contractor to show up in the 8:00 am to 12:00 noon time window.

Koooop
01-20-07, 11:21 PM
The red Veyron showed there, that was the top of the food chain. The highlight for me was some dude in a blue green Westy (Vanagon with pop top) and parked next to my friends Ferrari 575. My comment was Cool, you brought the 575 and your Outhouse! That Westy looked like a port a pottie! At least I was amused. A Zagtao bodied Alfa, DeTomaso Mangust that gave me a woody, a Muria, a Chrysler 300 Hemi from the 50's, an assortment of high end hot rods.

D3 had a couple of cars there as well.