: Gas fill neck

Viking88
01-10-07, 11:52 AM
In my 04 EXT, when ever I go to the gas station for a fill up, if the attendant sets the flow on max, it always clicks off several times before the tank is really full. This happened at several diffrent stations so it must be the truck. If the nozzle is set at minumum flow, it seems to be ok but it takes forever. Anyone else had this issue at the pump?

Uria702
01-10-07, 07:47 PM
i use self serve. once it clicks i usually top off a dollar and the change (if its 63.20 i add 1 dollar 80 cents) anything past that it will flow out of the tank lol. isnt it not recommended to top off anyway? i was under the impression you are suppoised to stop at the first click - never stopped me though lol

pabstcadillac
01-10-07, 07:52 PM
Viking88 so you an Alan Page fan or Marc May? :alchi:

Skol Vikings!

Viking88
01-11-07, 12:28 PM
Viking88 so you an Alan Page fan or Marc May? :alchi:

Skol Vikings!

Not a huge football fan pabstcadillac. The name is a salute to my Scandinavian background, haha.

pootie
01-12-07, 03:11 PM
I thought it was just me. Happened to me too on my '04 ext. Guess you just have to go slow.

Dif
01-12-07, 03:18 PM
In my 04 EXT, when ever I go to the gas station for a fill up, if the attendant sets the flow on max, it always clicks off several times before the tank is really full. This happened at several diffrent stations so it must be the truck. If the nozzle is set at minumum flow, it seems to be ok but it takes forever. Anyone else had this issue at the pump?
There was a post about this a while back.
Not sure if this is actually your problem but there is a floating valve or ball in the gas tank that closes off the inlet if the vehicle was ever in a roll over and it prevents the gas from all draining out.
Sometimes the valve/ball can stick and restricts the flow of gas into the tank causing the pump to click off because the gas is backing out of the tank faster than it can go in.
Just something to have checked.

hanuman17926
01-13-07, 08:45 PM
Hello,

I posted about this problem several months ago. The dealer replaced the gas tank, because they were told that the ball or flapper inside the tank that keeps the gas inside the the tank in the event of an turn over was not being pushed down when gas is being filled. this happened in the summer. after the tank replacement it was perfect. i could put gas in full throttle at any station.

NOW! the problem is back. when ever it gets cold i have to stand out in the cold and barely hold the trigger so i can get gas in. and mind you these are the same stations that i went to in the summer.

i went back to the dealer a few months back and they told me that its an industry wide issue with the nozzles them selfs. which is a BS becuase how come the same nozzle worked for me in the summer and not in the winter?

anyways i plan on taking it back for them to took at and i will not leave until they fix it.

Is your problem related to temp? or does it happen at any temp?

i have an 04 ext still under warranty, soon to expire though.

Viking88
01-15-07, 11:04 AM
Hello,

NOW! the problem is back. when ever it gets cold i have to stand out in the cold and barely hold the trigger so i can get gas in. and mind you these are the same stations that i went to in the summer.

Is your problem related to temp? or does it happen at any temp?

Come to think of it, it was not doing it this summer or fall, just started recently so maybe the outside temp does have something to do with it.