: Getting equalizer to remember setting??

sy1172
01-09-07, 07:12 PM
I can get the unit to remember a eq setting but if i change the mode or channel them it loses the setting to "custom". why?

Thanks!

austin
01-09-07, 07:25 PM
First off, what ever selection you choose, either eq-1, eq-2, or eq-3, it will stay differently for cd/radio/xm. Now, once you have the eq settings to your liking.. Press and hold down the button you want it to be for, again.. either eq-1, eq-2 or eq-3 for about 4-seconds (you will hear a beep when it is stored). If this doesn't work, your in for a dealer visit. I felt as though my xm was rather lower volume wise, so i set up one of the eq settings for the bass/treble/midrange to be all at there max settings. Also, turn the AVC to on, and you will have more bass (don't ask me why). :)

CIWS
01-09-07, 07:27 PM
Set the audio controls the way you want them and then repress the button(s) that program each station/channel on the radio and it will remember the audio settings for each one you press. So you can actually set them differently for particular stations that way.

sy1172
01-10-07, 07:18 AM
Thanks, I'll try that!!!

thebigjimsho
01-10-07, 08:31 AM
cadillacfaq.com is your friend...

The Tony Show
01-10-07, 09:05 AM
Yep. It's a cool feature that lets you set your classical stations one way and your rock stations another, but it can drive you crazy if you forget to re-save your preset after adjusting the EQ.

Kadonny
01-10-07, 11:21 AM
Very cool feature. I set mine for each station. Go into audio settings, change it and exit back to the main radio screen,then press and hold the preset button for that station to save.