: Seat Adjustment for 95' RWD Fleetwood

psychosis
01-09-07, 05:01 PM
Anyone know if there is a method to get a couple inches more rearward travel from the front drivers seat?

I need to move the seat back about 1 &1/2 inches more than it will go now. i hate to drill new holes in the floor as this Fleetwood is pristine.. I was wondering if anyone knew if there might be some 'stops' in the seat track that could be moved, changed, disabled or something like that.

PT

Gwokable
01-11-07, 05:04 PM
To my understanding, the seats bolt into the frame on the floor. If you machined a square extender with supports on the bottom, you could get away with it. It'd bolt into the frame, then have holes to mount the seat a few inches back with supports going the length of the extender on the sides, front and rear.

N0DIH
01-14-07, 11:06 PM
Just remember, seat mounting is a safety item. If it breaks in an accident, you could find yourself dead.... Which the insurance companies might deny paying the life insurance claim over it, which would suck for your next of kin....

Highway Star
01-14-07, 11:47 PM
Instead of modifying the floor mounts, it might be feasible to modify something where the seat cushion mounts to the frame. Raise and tilt the seat back and you should see some bolts up there. Still applies to what NODIH said.

psychosis
01-15-07, 07:53 AM
Well, thanks for those tips, particularly the safety tip! That will come in handy after I'm dead.

I've decided to leave it alone for now until I can find a safe way to do it without cutting things up or welding new mounting locations/bolts. I can drive it they way it is, is ju7st not as comfortable.

I'm actually surprized I'm having an issue with the seat adjustment of the Fleetwood. I have a 96 Deville I use as my daily driver and the front seat moves back further, leaving at least 3 maybe 4 more inches of clearance than this 95 Fleetwood. It make we wonder if I'm getting all the seat travel I should be. I also noticed the Fleetwood seat can be moved up much closer to the steering wheel than the Deville.

N0DIH
01-16-07, 01:51 AM
My 80 Turbo T/A seat moves back so far it is hard to touch the pedals! And I am 5'11"!

psychosis
01-16-07, 08:56 PM
I wonder if I could I talk anybody here that owns a late model 94/95/96 Fleetwood Brougham to take the time to take a tape measure and check the distance of the driver's side front seat when its moved all the way back?

I don't know anyone that has one or I'd just go measure one myself. I was looking to see what might be a good reference point that I could use. I'm thinking that there may be a problem with my seat travel not making it all the way back.

Thanks in advance.

r/PT