: 2000 escalade fog light adjustment?

firecat_freak
01-09-07, 01:08 PM
I'm not sure if my adjusters are frozen up, or if they can't be adjusted. I need to raise them up. I see some sort of plastic style wing nuts that look like if they are loosened or tightened they should raise/lowwer the light. But they don't budge. Either side. They just rusted or is there a different way?

-Ryan

wht2000
01-10-07, 05:17 AM
You're right...they're probably just seized. Spray some penetrating oil in there and let soak for a while. It might take some time, but eventually they'll free up. The entire mounting system actually sucks. I ended up removing them, drilling out the crappy nylon fasteners that hold the lamps to the brackets, replacing them with good old-fashioned bolts/nuts/lockwashers and then put some never-seize on the adjusting screws. They nylon fasteners were worn on mine and my lamps use to jump around in the bracket causing them to flicker like crazy. No more problems.

firecat_freak
01-10-07, 01:20 PM
That's what i thought. Thanks buddy. Now if i could figure out what's going on with the steering wheel shimmying back and fourth.