: New 05 V Owner

vmoving
01-08-07, 10:21 PM
Hey guys! I just bought a 05 V with 40k for $23,800. Is this a decent deal? I was doing some research after the fact and seem to find alot of V owners that are not happy with their cars. Should I have bought this car? What are some things you reccomed doing to the car. CAGS etc.

ctsvett
01-08-07, 10:35 PM
welcome!

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/newbie.html

Reed

Albertan
01-08-07, 10:39 PM
Welcome to the forums. The price you paid was VERY good. (for you not the seller) Does it still have warrenty? I just bought mine in Dec and keep looking for places to drive it.I get to drive it to work tomorrow but then it will snow and I'll keep it warm and dry.
You will enjoy the car.
Bruce

lawfive
01-08-07, 10:53 PM
:welcome: Yes, you should have bought this car. Some differential problems, paint that flakes off the radio/nav, clunks in the drivetrain...

You bought a sexy supermodel who occasionally farts in her sleep. Forgivable...

rblimas
01-09-07, 03:12 AM
Hey guys! I just bought a 05 V with 40k for $23,800. Is this a decent deal? I was doing some research after the fact and seem to find alot of V owners that are not happy with their cars. Should I have bought this car? What are some things you reccomed doing to the car. CAGS etc.

:welcome5: that is a great price i paid about $20.000 for a 03 cadillac cts(non v) with 71k

rand49er
01-09-07, 06:19 AM
:welcome: 40k? Aw-w, she's just getting broken in. I've got 32k, and it feels absolutely just like it did two years ago when I brought her home from the dealer.

BTW, I wouldn't take less than $40k for mine, so personally I consider yours a steal. :thumbsup:

vmoving
01-09-07, 10:03 AM
I bought it from Cadillac as a one owner off lease with warranty still left. Should I have the diff. looked at? I will get some pics. as soon as it is not snowing here in Ohio. BTW no paint work and navi buttons are being covered under warranty. I there a CAGS that is better then another. That thing really pisses me off. I can't stand it.

CIWS
01-09-07, 12:20 PM
How D and :welcome: to the V and the forum.

vmoving
01-09-07, 12:54 PM
Does anyone know where to get clear lenses to get rid of all the orange up front?

50 4Ever
01-09-07, 12:58 PM
Welcome to the forum. That was a killer deal. You might consider an extended warranty, I will buy one sometime this year.

On the CAGS question, StealthV is a Supporting Vendor on this forum and they sell a !CAGS Eliminator, click here (http://www.stealthv.com/cagselim.htm) for the website. According to the webpage they are temporarily out of stock, I don't see a phone number on the website but there is an email address. You might email them to ask how long they will be out of stock. I have one of their CAGS Eliminators and it was a very easy install.

:thumbsup:

vmoving
01-09-07, 01:02 PM
Thanks! i will order one as soon as they are available!:) Does anyone have a place to get those clear lenses for the front of the car. The orange really breaks up the look.:bigroll:

50 4Ever
01-09-07, 01:13 PM
Thanks! i will order one as soon as they are available!:) Does anyone have a place to get those clear lenses for the front of the car. The orange really breaks up the look.:bigroll:

Check out this thread (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-forum/90535-easier-better-ww-fog-drls.html), it has a few links to other threads where members have installed or made clear lenses. Maybe you will find something you can use.

:thumbsup:

svassh
01-09-07, 01:59 PM
I bought it from Cadillac as a one owner off lease with warranty still left. Should I have the diff. looked at? I will get some pics. as soon as it is not snowing here in Ohio. BTW no paint work and navi buttons are being covered under warranty. I there a CAGS that is better then another. That thing really pisses me off. I can't stand it.

Welcome, dump the CAGS. The best price I've seen lately:

http://www.lingenfelter.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CE-109054&Category_Code=

lunarx
01-10-07, 02:31 AM
Wow, that is the scariest news for resale value I have ever heard.
Please share your barganing secrets with us, so we can use them should we ever feel the urge to buy another car.

For mods, I recommend:
CAGS
Ditch the nasty (dusty) stock brake pads
FG2 Shocks