: 2008 Cts

markhamdons
01-08-07, 08:39 PM
I really like the design of the new 2008 model. I have been anticipating its launch and I am not disappointed. Now, keep the price point reasonable and you have a winner.

90Brougham350
01-09-07, 07:38 PM
Agreed. The styling is excellent, inside and out. It's obvious you went the extra mile and put some time and effort into the details. Direct injection, the new grill, a far superior interior in terms of quality and craftsmanship, you've got it nailed!

Krug Ford
01-10-07, 08:28 AM
The interior is super nice. As well as the side vents on the car. It will be a big seller.

90Brougham350
01-10-07, 10:52 AM
This new CTS will really bolster Cadillac's image. I can see alot of opinions changing with this one, even more so than when the first CTS came out some years back. Alot of people are gonna take notice of it, and realize Cadillac has really advanced.

Lord Cadillac
01-10-07, 11:18 AM
Yes, this is definitely a "breakthrough" car. I just hope it doesn't get too expensive.. I'm worried about that. This is an amazing entry car.. The BLS is not..

Krug Ford
01-10-07, 01:23 PM
It looks a lot richer than that in person..

PAULSTSMAN1
01-14-07, 12:20 AM
Kudos to the design team on the 2008 CTS, the sedan I saw really hit it's mark. I am a little surprised that with all that lead time, a good looking coupe wasn't introduced. Especially a hardtop, convertible which so many of the competitors are new offering in mass. One vehicle does not a brand make. I think that the wagon idea should be shelved :tisk: and replaced by a Cadillac HHR derivative. :) This model should showcase a diesel engine, and a direct injection high tech 4 perhaps similar to the GM Quad four. This should he a higher power, quieter and Cadillac styled vehicle, which could be made available for the European market should it be requested.

Being a styling derivative should keep some of the development costs down, and should create a rather handsome crossover vehicle.

gothicaleigh
01-17-07, 07:40 AM
Kudos to the design team on the 2008 CTS, the sedan I saw really hit it's mark. I am a little surprised that with all that lead time, a good looking coupe wasn't introduced. Especially a hardtop, convertible which so many of the competitors are new offering in mass.

They did design a coupe and convertible. The sedan at NAIAS is just the first step on their "world tour". The coupe and convertible are supposed to make their appearance in Frankfurt later this year. Instead of releasing all versions at one show, they spread it out so that the car stays fresh in consumer's minds.
Besides, having an american car release in Germany is a statement of sorts, and may work to steal thunder from the closest competitors.

Being a styling derivative should keep some of the development costs down, and should create a rather handsome crossover vehicle.

In a word: No.
Platform sharing is one of the things that nearly destroyed Cadillac. I'll admit, the HHR is a nice vehicle for what it is (pleasantly surprised that it simply wasn't the PT Cruiser chaser I originally believed it would be), but it doesn't belong in Cadillac.
Lincoln keeps making this mistake with it's vehicles. Basically making leather and chrome trimmed Fords. That isn't how you gain respect from the major players at this level. Cadillac needs to use it's own platforms for vehicles to distinguish itself from the rest of GM.