Cadillac Owners Forum banner
4K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  caddydaddy 
#1 ·
Is it necessessary to have the engine cover on. I was thinking about taking it off but was not sure if it served a purpose. I think its probably just on there to dress up the engine and reduce noise but does it hold anything in place or protect anything?

#3 ·
:canttalk: I'd be willing to bet that the cover represents a marketing decision for the "Cadillac/Luxury/Plush/Clean/Elegant" target owner who would die of heart failure if he/she saw all those nasty pipes and wires.............much less touch a gas cap.

#5 ·
There's some hoses and stuff under there that will be more susceptible to damage without it, such as the vacuum line for the secondary air injection system, which seems to come off pretty easily.

What's the point in taking it off?

#6 ·
I wanted just the opposite, my has lost its perfect silver finish and is slightly discolored in spots, was wondering where I could get a new one, maybe something to touch it up.

Was thinking of actually spraying it to match the cars body color, leaving the center logo intack and maybe putting the 32V Northstar V8 letters in Cadillac script.

#10 · (Edited)
I beadblasted my inj. cover & cam covers, got Dupli-Color's Self-etching primer ( remember it's magnizium), used Dupli-color engine enamel & then clear. It turned out great.

I left the lettered Northstar 32 valve trim plate alone...I could not find a replacement decal ( I don't think they have them )

It's been a year, and the paint is still perfect.

#9 ·
I think he is refering to them showing the top of the intake, with just enough to cover up the dirty stuff......

but really, when you buy a Cadillac its all about looking good, clean, and smooth, with a Corvette, Camaro, Firebird, etc your buying stickly a car ment to go fast..may as well buy a V8 Camaro and blow the doors off all the caddy's if thats what your after :p

If it wasn't for so much snow in buffalo I would think long and hard about getting something other than my dad's caddy (literally is his until sometime this summer when I get it for paying the down payment on a used one for him) nothing would bring a bigger smile to my face than a manual V8 Camaro or Mustang :)

Just a matter of opinion I guess, whats yours is yours, mine is mine, to each his own.

#18 ·
I've seen the 2006 covers on e-bay, other than being large, I would think it would work, might not beacuase of coil on plug not having the coil pack to work around, hmm. It goes right over the whole engine covering the cam covers and all, don't know if that would effect engine cooling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.