Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Tommy Deville 
#1 · (Edited)
Check out these puppies.

#3 ·
:helpless: Aftermarket N* parts? Those of us in here that would want to mod, even mildly, represent such an insignificant percentage of owners that the cost to R&D some non-GM part would make the final cost astronomical. And, until there's a significant number of RWD N* packages on the road, there won't be any aftermarket effort because you can't do anything to a sidewinder N* because of lack of space, not even rudimentary headers........Look at the new CTS/STS-V threads, and yes, there's a small choice of aftermarket stuff. I hope it gets better.

#4 ·
Pretty snazzy

#9 ·
well it depends, if you did a Monster Garage type teardown you would have to have custom PCMs and what not, it could be down and for a decent cost I'd assume depending on how much one did on their own.

I'd love to do a real chop job on the 98, really make it into a "Luxury Muscle Car". Main thing is going to be clearance with the hood, probibly would have to fabricate something to raise it up tad for more clearance. Problem is its also the daily driver so doing that kind of thing is certainly something for a project car.

Probably somewhere near 5-10 thousand dollars or even more.

#12 ·
Well I have access to a 4.0 Aurora which is a little brother of the N* and have been seriously thinking of buying it to go in my Monza instead of the 283(at least for now) and even slide one or two to4 turbos on it.
As for ECM simply order up a Megasquirt II ans use stock DIS controled by the MSII.
My Monza came factory with an electric FP so up grading isnt hard just swap in some better flex lines.
The big thing is I havent researched which type of bellhousng pattern the N*/Aurora has.
I even have found a fella who ground cams for the INDY engines too.
food for thought if I could getthe engine for a reasonable price.
I do know a fella who had an Aurora with a blown engine install a N* so I do believe ther are the same.
I'll give CMD a call and see if they have anything for N*/A install.
Lee

#13 ·
If I recall correctly, the N* bell housing bolts are in the same spot as the 3.8L V6 (3800 motor). If you wanted to use a different bell housing, the one's that fits transmissions like the the 700R4 or 4L60E are only one bolt off. You could do what CHRFab did and hack the eyelet for the bolt off and weld it back on in the right place.

#17 ·
Nice Job on your STS. The Video was excellent. I would have like to look under the hood and under the car its self.
Question, Does the turbo get to hot for the front bumper? If not how do you have it cooled? and last how does the transmission hold up to 400 plus HP/Torque? Oh and that fan on the right side is that a tranny cooler?????
Last GM car I played with was a 96 Impala SS 383 supercharged LT4 with a
6 speed and 4.56 in the rear. Car made 772 HP and 781 Torque at the rear wheels.
I have looked at the LS6 Caddy and think of the possiblities.
Would love to hear more about your STS
Thanks
Russell

#18 ·
With the new rear drive versions of the N* the only thing holding this engine from becoming a street rod favorite is getting the ecm to work without "seeing" all the other modles such as ABS, ICM, RSS, etc. If you could just put in the engine and ecm, then people would start using them, then the aftermarket would fallow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.