: Back-up Sensors

kook
01-08-07, 11:02 AM
I have an '03 and when I put it in reverse I immediately get a red blinking light that continues until I put it in drive. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a simple solution?

Mobius
01-08-07, 02:41 PM
I have an '03 and when I put it in reverse I immediately get a red blinking light that continues until I put it in drive. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a simple solution?

When I purchased my 03, I found the same problem (during a test drive) so I told them to fix it before I paid for it. Turned out to be a shorted wire in the sensor wiring harness that would have cost $360 + labor had I paid for it.

I would have them check it and determine if it's wires or the sensors first. The sensors are not cheap either btw.

vaporkid8
01-08-07, 03:10 PM
happened to my 02 week after i bought it, took it back to the dealer and they fixed it

TexasAg98
01-08-07, 08:57 PM

From my understanding, if you are reversing quickly (faster than the recommended speed of 5mph) the light blinks. But if you reverse slowly it shouldn't blink until you reach something. I tested mine out on our garage door.

Mobius
01-09-07, 09:05 AM
From my understanding, if you are reversing quickly (faster than the recommended speed of 5mph) the light blinks. But if you reverse slowly it shouldn't blink until you reach something. I tested mine out on our garage door.

True. It's a speed sensor, above "5 MPH" according to the manual I think, but mine is more like 8 MPH, the sensors shut off and the lights flash. However, in my case, they would all flash as soon as I shifted into R. Even when I was stopped. Sounds like he has the same problem.

kook
01-09-07, 12:46 PM
True. It's a speed sensor, above "5 MPH" according to the manual I think, but mine is more like 8 MPH, the sensors shut off and the lights flash. However, in my case, they would all flash as soon as I shifted into R. Even when I was stopped. Sounds like he has the same problem.

Yep, same problem.

jrwood
01-14-07, 08:44 PM
Mine is doing it now. I will be taking it into the dealership to be fixed and will let you know what they do to fix it.

kook
01-15-07, 10:16 AM
Mine is doing it now. I will be taking it into the dealership to be fixed and will let you know what they do to fix it.

Thanks

djmodifyd
02-09-07, 09:25 AM
mine started doing it to, i have an appointement at the dealer to get it looked at