: Sts "imposter"?

ARTSBEST
01-08-07, 10:45 AM
Just look at the new 08' CTS model. If this isn't a "mini" STS version than I dont know what is.

Dr. Design
01-08-07, 12:46 PM
Some people would think that it is too close to the current STS. However it is in line with Cadillac's future vehicle portfolio framework. As the CTS grows in size expect the next generation STS/DTS to grow in size also. The next few years are going to be quite exciting for Cadillac.
Thank you,

Just look at the new 08' CTS model. If this isn't a "mini" STS version than I dont know what is.

urbanski
01-08-07, 12:51 PM
doesnt it have the DTS butt? :p

ewill3rd
01-08-07, 02:11 PM
What's the point here?
Should Cadillac have called you first before they released this car?

Are these supposed to be the first two cars that look alike in recorded history? (because they aren't)

Lord Cadillac
01-08-07, 02:18 PM

Read your other thread for my comments. :p

ascariSTS
01-09-07, 06:55 AM
What's the point here?
Should Cadillac have called you first before they released this car?

Are these supposed to be the first two cars that look alike in recorded history? (because they aren't)

100% agree.... i can find other similar cars from the other manuf.

plus, there are major differences... most important is that it's stunning... wait to see it on the road

ARTSBEST
01-09-07, 08:58 AM
OK ewill3rd whatever you say. I'm sure in your own little world you're the "man."

ewill3rd
01-09-07, 01:29 PM
You could have just answered the question.
So what if it looks like a 68 Beetle.

I guess in all fairness I did take a couple of jabs, but I interpreted your comments as some sort of insult towards the new CTS. I was just trying to understand your motives.
You didn't elaborate.

Jesda
01-10-07, 08:02 AM
The back side is from the Eldo. The designers specifically mentioned the Eldorado as a source of design inspiration.

nickc50310
01-10-07, 09:28 AM
OK ewill3rd whatever you say. I'm sure in your own little world you're the "man."

I dont know about his own world but in OUR's- YES, HE IS THE MAN.

If you want to get technical couldnt you just say that the current STS is just a bigger imposter of the current CTS since the CTS came first? :want:

I dont understand the purpose of this thread either.....

Lord Cadillac
01-10-07, 10:58 AM
The back side is from the Eldo. The designers specifically mentioned the Eldorado as a source of design inspiration.

THAT is pretty cool! Because I really miss the Eldorado...

Smokin' 04 CTS
01-14-07, 02:38 PM
If you want to get technical couldnt you just say that the current STS is just a bigger imposter of the current CTS since the CTS came first? :want:

I dont understand the purpose of this thread either.....

:yeah:
plus the only similarity I see b/w the 08 cts and the current sts is that crest and wreath found in the grill... :thepan:

ARTSBEST
01-14-07, 09:41 PM
EWILL3... The auto analyst for the Chicago Trib wrote his synopsis of the new designed STS whenever the model change occured (a few years ago?) He started his article by asking what they were doing (as they departed the GM bus on the proving grounds) looking at a line of CTS cars. In other words the new STS to him resembled the CTS to the max. I agree 100%. Even the Cadillac dealership where I bought my mom an STS stated they looked too much ALIKE. That's all I meant. NO criticism on my part towards you or anybody else. IMHO the two cars are too similar. And that's why the higher priced STS is NOT selling well.

Lord Cadillac
01-14-07, 10:05 PM
EWILL3... The auto analyst for the Chicago Trib wrote his synopsis of the new designed STS whenever the model change occured (a few years ago?) He started his article by asking what they were doing (as they departed the GM bus on the proving grounds) looking at a line of CTS cars. In other words the new STS to him resembled the CTS to the max. I agree 100%. Even the Cadillac dealership where I bought my mom an STS stated they looked too much ALIKE. That's all I meant. NO criticism on my part towards you or anybody else. IMHO the two cars are too similar. And that's why the higher priced STS is NOT selling well.
I thought we were discussing how you felt the NEW CTS looked like the STS? That the new CTS was an STS "imposter". I agree that the CURRENT STS came out to look FAR TOO close to the original CTS. However, I don't agree that the new CTS looks as close.. I think the front of the new CTS is much different than the front of the STS. I can easily tell them apart. However, it took me awhile to recognize the subtle differences between the 2007 CTS and STS.

ewill3rd
01-15-07, 06:31 AM
I am still not sure why 8 people have commented that your original remarks were pointless, and yet you have chosen to single me out.

My opinion is they all look fine and if you don't like it, you are not required to buy it.
Just because some guy works at a newspaper doesn't mean his opinion is more valid than mine, and he's welcome to it.
I would still say "so what?".
You are entitled to your opinion as well.
Can I have mine?

They have been making cars for over 100 years now, no company is allowed to make two that look alike?
Have you ever seen a Lumina parked next to a Monte Carlo?
How about Grand Am and Grand Prix? Those look fairly similar.
Ever seen a Camaro parked next to a Firebird?
Every carmaker goes for a distinct look to identify their brand.

Even when the new STS came out for several months I had trouble distinguishing a CTS from an STS but now I can tell from 100 yards.

What good does complaining about something like this do? What are you trying to prove? State your opinion and move on with your life. I am not sure about you, but I have REAL things to worry about in my life. Actually I am getting upset for even taking the time to respond to this.

I hope your day goes better.

Please pick someone else to single out.
I am done with this topic.