: Engine Vibration

TXSilverV
01-08-07, 08:00 AM
while the car is parked but running the engine sometimes will shutter like I'm letting the clutch out with no gas. I can even hear just a little bit of a rattle from my left header. It is amost like the car is going to shut off. My engine mounts are fine (visual inspection). Anyone have an idea? I know they pulled a lot of timing out of my tune since I have nitrous. Could that be it? It's not cheap gas since this has been going on a few weeks.

rheagrimm
01-08-07, 10:39 AM
When you reduce timing it normally also reduces idle rpm. Did they increase the idle to compensate for it?

The Tony Show
01-08-07, 10:46 AM
Yeah, sounds like the car is struggling to keep idling. You might want to think about having Rick at StealthV make you a custom tune with regular idle, but pulling timing under full throttle when you're spraying.

joshdctsv
01-10-07, 08:25 PM
I think that if you sit idle long enough the rpms will drop (or try to). I assumed it was intentional as some sort of gas efficency feature. Mine tends to do this on cold mornings when I let it sit a bit to warm up.

Chef
01-10-07, 08:44 PM
Are you having to "feather" the throttle? or feeling like you have to blip it to keep her running?

TXSilverV
01-11-07, 08:07 AM
It will run by itself. It just shakes bad and has a rattle. It will just last for a minute then it goes back to normal. Going to take it in today! radio buttons are flaking for the third time.