: 2008 CTS pics and info

Ryan's '05-V
01-08-07, 08:54 AM
Check out the new CTS, I think it looks real nice. The interior is a real nice upgrade. The V should be a real bad car.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=43050

I can't wait to see and maybe sit in it at the Detroit Auto Show next week.
Enjoy!

The Tony Show
01-08-07, 09:02 AM
The link seems to be dead...

Here's one that works: CLICKY! (http://www.motorauthority.com/cars/cadillac/all-new-2008-cadillac-cts/#gallery/gm/cadillac/cts/2008cts_2.jpg)

Observations:

Awesome interior.

Fender vent might become a Cadillac trademark

Stupid hood release and parking brake still in the same place! :(

I'll rehost the pics here in a minute for people who can't link.

The Tony Show
01-08-07, 09:06 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Firebomba/2008cts_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Firebomba/2008cts_3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Firebomba/2008cts_2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Firebomba/2008cts_5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Firebomba/2008cts_4-1.jpg

harryctsv
01-08-07, 09:12 AM
Tony, it looks goooood !!!!
Since I drive an XLR and an brand new STS I know what`s the replacement for my wifes Opel Vectra GTS:thumbsup:

Harry

Kadonny
01-08-07, 09:27 AM
Wow, that really looks freaking sweet!

Notice the real nice stitched leather on the dash :thumbsup:

V-Max
01-08-07, 10:05 AM
Live broadcast and view video later. The engineers boast about their work on the new model. Where is that powertrain guy?!

http://media.gm.com/us/gm/en/index.html

Norm

CTS-V420
01-08-07, 10:07 AM
looks pretty good on exterior...the interior reminds me of an Acura TL kinda..what you guys think?

Florian
01-08-07, 10:12 AM
Im glad I kept my 04....Ill wait to see the V before I make up my mind. The rear fascia is a needed change, the hokey qtr panel vent does nothing for me. The temp/radio controls suck, I like mine better.....I dont like that they hoisted the V suspension for the standard CTS....bummer.

F

Florian
01-08-07, 10:15 AM
Live broadcast and view video later. The engineers boast about their work on the new model. Where is that powertrain guy?!

http://media.gm.com/us/gm/en/index.html

Norm

Thread Jack ON

Norm, you dumped the Goat???? How do you like the C5?

Thread jack <off>

F

V-Max
01-08-07, 10:18 AM
They cannot even get the center speaker cover to fit for the photo! Now I know you guys are not smart enough to buy a first year car, right?! The interior is a nice improvement but the buttons at angles just don't make ergonomic sense.

It does look good overall. The video's poor quality and the distance of the camera makes it look like the front is laid and less up right. Like an E-class. The fender vents are currently used in the Buick Lucerne and was used in Buicks before most of us were born. I really like how they did not follow the Lexus and Infiniti in making a 4-door not look like coupe. Though the pics of the gold CTS make it look like Ponitac G6, the CTS has a nice flare to it's fenders when view just off center from head on.

Norm

Lord Cadillac
01-08-07, 10:22 AM
The exterior is a very nice, subtle upgrade to the current version. Like the new Escalade - not a drastic change, but a nice improvement.. The Escalade got a little smoother - but the CTS kept it's edgyness.. I really like it..

svassh
01-08-07, 10:27 AM
Its a beutiful car, only disappointment so far:

THE SAME CRAPPY PARKING BRAKE IN A 6 SPEED!

Lord Cadillac
01-08-07, 10:33 AM
Here's a small but wider shot of the interior...

BowenCT
01-08-07, 10:43 AM
Overall, the exterior styling is pretty nice. Like the current CTS, I am sure the V-treatment will do wonders for the look of the car.

Now the interior; can anyone say 'Japanese'? I am not a fan. It looks extremely busy, and the trio of in-your-face chrome bezeled gages look like they were plucked directly from the Mazda parts bin. And as has already been stated, very dissapointed with the foot operated E-brake........totally unacceptable.

mkaresh
01-08-07, 10:56 AM
I apologize if this is not news, but it was news to me. A dealer at today's CTS intro told me that the next V will be available with an automatic. When I pressed him on this, he said he was pretty sure, though not certain.

My impressions of the car have been posted in another thread, here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/931338-post40.html

Silver Dollar
01-08-07, 11:07 AM
A dealer at today's CTS intro told me that the next V will be available with an automatic. When I pressed him on this, he said he was pretty sure, though not certain.

Did you tell him you wanted an automatic? If so, that's probably why he said it will be available with an auto.

If you hinted at wanting to be able to travel back in time he would have most likely mentioned that the CTS comes standard with a flux capacitor.

Silver Dollar
01-08-07, 11:12 AM
It still has that "ass end sticking up in the air begging to be rear ended like Richard Simmons in a San Francisco bath house" look to it.

The Tony Show
01-08-07, 11:12 AM
I love the interior. Perhaps the layout is reminiscent of Japanese cars, but you never hear anyone moaning about the quality of Lexus interiors.

Bottom line: The choices of colors and textures give this new interior a MUCH needed "classing-up".

gothicaleigh
01-08-07, 11:14 AM
Gauging the competition's reaction, it's going to be a hit:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=665084

We're more critical of it than the bimmer-boys! :p

urbanski
01-08-07, 11:14 AM
merged. best to keep it in 1 thread.

svassh
01-08-07, 11:15 AM
I did read that all wheel drive is an option on the new CTS. Leads me to believe the CTS-V will get that option standard. Come on RS4 and Jeep STR-8, its payback time.

BowenCT
01-08-07, 11:20 AM
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE do not make the CTS-V all wheel drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tony Show
01-08-07, 11:47 AM
No kidding. I think the V will be RWD- It's American muscle for god's sake!

HushH
01-08-07, 12:02 PM
Still not sure what I think of the front-end. Reminds me of the new Audi grilles. Ass end looks great minus the tacked on third brake light. Really wished they'd gotten rid of that.

Love the interior. Hope the quality is as good as it looks. And I can only pray that the V version will get a proper e-brake. My In-Laws' Trailblazer SS has a hand operated one for crying out loud.

mdc
01-08-07, 12:47 PM
I wasn't enthusiastic when the first spy shots came out, but I like these ... the interior is really nice looking, but that e-brake is a HUGE disappointment

I won't buy the first model year V, but a 2010 V might be an option :D

lawfive
01-08-07, 01:24 PM
It does look good, with the exception of the parking brake location.

Registered on that forum so I could see what's up, but it won't let me view that thread. :rant2:

05CTS
01-08-07, 01:29 PM
Most you guys should know this but GM hasn't been able to get a decent parking brake since the mid 60's. Even w/the vettes the parking brake is just about worthless.

svassh
01-08-07, 01:30 PM
So the question is:

Will there be a V release in 2008 or is this a skip year?

05CTS
01-08-07, 01:44 PM
From what I have heard they will skip a year. They need to get the diff and 1/2 shafts straightened out and are working on wheel hop issues.

StealthViggen
01-08-07, 03:28 PM
I posted in this regular CTS forum but they seemed to be more obsessed as to wether it had more bling..

"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just read an interesting tidbit in the Edmunds Release article:

"Although the new CTS rides on the same basic chassis as before, it borrows a page from the Pontiac playbook by adding 1.8 inches of track width in front and 2 inches in back. The wheelbase remains the same while the car's length and height are both up an inch and a half.

The overall suspension design is unchanged, with aluminum upper and lower control arms up front, a multilink setup in back and coil-over shocks at each corner. A modified version of the strut tower brace from the CTS-V is now standard on all models. Cadillac says the brakes and steering system are all-new, but its reluctance to elaborate leads us to believe they aren't much different from the current setups.
"

So thia means that either:
A: They have not changed the Diff
b: If the rumored Cast Iron upgraded Diff is true for the new model...it will bolt right in!

Please GM..don't **** this one up too with a substandard drivetrain

All and all a very tempting upgrade possibility..especially with a possible supercharged V8 CTS V commming next year!
"

atdeneve
01-08-07, 03:34 PM
Overall, looks like a good evolution/improvement on a variety of things. Cept for the ass end. Not sure, but I think it's the tail lights. Straight pillars, rather than the razor/triangular corners of the current design. Makes it look too much like the STS or, dare I say, the DTS. Doh! Too traditional; i.e.; old fogey design, rather than a nice modern look. Damn, that rear end really is a dissapointment. Those jutting corners on the tail lights really did a lot for the rear, in terms of making it more edgy. Now it looks like every other cadillac, at least from the rear. It's too conservative.

Well, hopefully the V treatment will turn it into a nubile raging maniac again. Certainly looks like it could very well turn out to be a real looker with the proper attention. Definitely a nice base to start with.

svassh
01-08-07, 03:47 PM
I would love supercharged stock but please not a NorthStar. Give us whatever the current Vette is running when released.

caddyv8v
01-08-07, 04:18 PM
the next cts-v should be equipped with the same 6.2L supercharged engine as the vette, however down on power. nothing a tune won't change.

Florian
01-08-07, 04:43 PM
the next Vette will get the 6.2L, not supercharged, that is reserved for the blue devil...

F

RocketV
01-08-07, 04:44 PM
"I would love supercharged stock (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#) but please not a NorthStar. Give us whatever the current Vette is running when released."

I don't think the Northstar fits in the CTS chassis(too wide), which is why we got the corvette engine (A better deal in my opinion, Love that lope!). The SRX and STS are wider versions of the Sigma, so the Northstar fits there.

ctsvett
01-08-07, 05:07 PM
all the high res media pics posted here:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com//faq/answers/2008/

I will add everything I can find there...

Reed

Jpjr
01-08-07, 05:09 PM
A supercharged V would be the absolute best thing they could do to the car. The problem is warranty and build costs that might push it out of the $55k range. I'd rather be able to afford and take NA, but the beauty of power adders is that you have so much bolt on hp on tap for the lowest possible $/hp extra.

And regarding the interior, I think its definitely gonna be a 'see it to believe it'. I'm hoping that once you sit in the car you will notice how much better the fit and finish, and how much more plush it is than the old model.

Exterior... LOVE the sides of the car, don't think either the front or back were a home run. Nice improvement overall, much smoother look.

ctsvett
01-08-07, 05:29 PM
Notice there is a manual and a auto version... good for caddy for keeping the manual around..

I link the design on the outside... Personally, I am not a fan of the guages modular style look... the rest of the interior looks beautiful, but you need to see in in person before I believe it. Lots of buttons means lots of features right?

Good job caddy!

Reed

lawfive
01-08-07, 06:14 PM
Hope I'm not breaking any rules by cross-posting...

Hi All,

Here's the wish list from this thread, along with color codes that indicate whether each wish appears on the new CTS as either a standard feature or an option. Of course, we all know that the CTS-V offerings can vary wildly from the base CTS, but hey: this is still fun.

Some other goodies that weren't on your wish list, but appear on the new CTS: 2" wider track; 1.5" taller and wider body; optional AWD; adaptive forward lighting; optional remote start & climate control from 200 feet; heated windshield washer (for those of you who live in the wrong place :p ); LED exterior lighting.

-- Jerry

LEGEND
--------
No data yet
Appears on the new CTS
Looks like we're screwed

PRICING
----------
Keep it around the same
Under $65K

ENGINE & POWERTRAIN
---------------------------
LS7
S/C LS7
500+ HP
550+ HP
600+ HP
Straight air intake like the C6
Differential upgrade
Half-shaft upgrade
Clunk-free
Option for an automatic
Paddles for the automatic
Better shifter
Shorter throws
A ďno wheel hopĒ Stabilitrak setting
Corvette fuel rail covers

SUSPENSION
---------------
5 lug wheels
19Ē wheels
Wider tires, front & rear
Adjustable shocks
Optional non-leveling shocks

EXTERIOR & TRUNK
----------------------
Some new colors
Rain sensing wipers
Darkest tint allowable by law as an option
An option for a full size steel wheel spare with jack
A functional spoiler

INTERIOR & CONVENIENCE
------------------------------
Classier interior (more leather; better plastics)
Parking brake lever on center console:rant2:
Keyless ignition
Key fob that works from a greater distance
More supportive front seats; bigger bolsters
iPod integration
Auxiliary audio input
Kick-ass, non-Bose sound system
Head-up display
Night vision
Touch screen nav
If touch screen nav, add a keyboard and keypad
Can use all nav features while car is in motion
Bluetooth integration
Voice commands
Smaller diameter steering wheel
Nav controls on steering wheel
Audio controls on steering wheel
Infinitely variable tilting/telescoping steering wheel
Radio controls on back of steering wheel
Radar cruise control
Backup assist
Lighted glove box
Locking glove box
Heated steering wheel
Cup holders that still let me shift
Cooled seats option
Massaging lumbar
Move power plugs
Auto-up rear windows

mdc
01-08-07, 06:19 PM
I would also prefer that the V have the RPMs in the middle and the MPH on the left ...

In a performance car, RPM is the more important piece of info IMO :D

lawfive
01-08-07, 06:29 PM
Note, and sorry if this is old news: the 2008 CTS is up on the Cadillac web site. Included: a video where you can see the touchscreen smart buttons in XM mode, and a list of upcoming car show appearances.

Silver Dollar
01-08-07, 06:40 PM
the next Vette will get the 6.2L, not supercharged, that is reserved for the blue devil...

F

I got your blue devil hangin'

rand49er
01-08-07, 07:16 PM
I got your blue devil hangin'Had to read this twice. :histeric:

Oh that Silver. :histeric: :histeric:

lawfive
01-08-07, 08:29 PM
So it occurs to me that the path of least resistance for Cadillac would be to put a supercharged LS2 in the next CTS-V. We already know that this configuration can make engine horsepower north of 550.

Staxxin
01-08-07, 10:38 PM
I must say, I really like what they’ve done. I’m really looking forward to seeing what they have in store for the V. If done, right (IF) I will be staying loyal to the brand.

Someone mentioned a XM, Navi touch screen video demo. Can you direct me to it? I can’t seem to find it.

Thanks!!!

lawfive
01-08-07, 10:39 PM
Not a demo vid. In the one video that's up on that new CTS page, if you pause in the right places you get a good shot of the nav touchscreen displaying smart buttons.

Staxxin
01-08-07, 10:45 PM
Not a demo vid. In the one video that's up on that new CTS page, if you pause in the right places you get a good shot of the nav touchscreen displaying smart buttons.

Thanks, that's very observant. Iíve watched the video twice :ill: and havenít noticed it. Iíll watch it again and try to focus :yup: .

svassh
01-08-07, 10:48 PM
Looks like you will get a spoiler now (sort of) whether you want it or not. Also they unveiled the fastest color in Detroit today and it wasn't UT burnt orange.

Staxxin
01-08-07, 10:51 PM
Just saw it :D . I'm pleased they finally went "touch". Hopefully the same will apply for the navi. I'd love a strong voice activated system with a nice "touch" navi system.

BadCad
01-08-07, 11:05 PM
love a strong voice activated system with a nice "touch" navi system

Me too.... that's why I am gonna see my lady now. Enough of this new regular CTS; show me a V! ;)

caddyv8v
01-08-07, 11:44 PM
i still hear that the motor will be a LSx supercharged, but displacing 6.2L

mkaresh
01-09-07, 12:00 AM
Did you tell him you wanted an automatic? If so, that's probably why he said it will be available with an auto.

If you hinted at wanting to be able to travel back in time he would have most likely mentioned that the CTS comes standard with a flux capacitor.

I said nothing about what I wanted. He probably just assumed it, or personally wants an automatic CTS-V.

Realize I'm talking about a dealership owner, and not a salesman. I should also add that he wasn't just a random dealer, but a member of the Dealer Council. These guys often get advance info.

They cannot wait to get this car. Another dealer who sat next to me during the presentation said the main reason he could hardly wait is he wanted one himself. These are some happy, fired-up people.

mkaresh
01-09-07, 12:05 AM
Looks like you will get a spoiler now (sort of) whether you want it or not. Also they unveiled the fastest color in Detroit today and it wasn't UT burnt orange.

The car looks great in silver. Wait till you see it in person. The red car in some photos doesn't show off the new lines nearly as much. Designers love silver for this reason. The niftiest exterior touch may be how they cleaned up the rear flanks by taking the chamfer below the beltline and hooking it upward along the leading edge of the C-pillar, so it doesn't overlap with the line reaching forward from the tail lamps.

I said this in another thread, but if the presentation is available online it's very much worth watching. Excellent intro, best of the show for me.

My take on the first day:

http://www.truedelta.com/pieces/naias1.php

Take on second day up soon.

ctsvett
01-09-07, 12:05 AM
can I say I hate the design of the wheel...

Different wheel for the V... The people demand it!

Reed

HushH
01-09-07, 12:10 AM

Sounds like it might be the L92 block. As much as I hate to say it, that's a lot more likely than the Blue Devil engine.

mkaresh
01-09-07, 12:21 AM

Reed

You mean the steering wheel? I must admit that the excellence of the rest of the interior and the fact that I sat on the passenger side distracted me from giving the steering wheel much of a look. I can see why you may have a problem with it in the photos. I'll check it out again tomorrow.

ctsvett
01-09-07, 12:50 AM
get me a closeup..

that wheel looks like the crappy late 90s cadillac wheel. I like our steering wheel not much better...

Also, Get a pic of the exhaust up close.. and the rear diff if you can get underneath in the rear... suspension as well.. get us some pictures so we can figure out more than what color it is..

E-mail me and I will give you an FTP to upload them to.

Reed

lawfive
01-09-07, 01:11 AM

Appears maybe they wiped the thread...

Seattle CTS-V
01-09-07, 01:40 AM

Reed

The steering wheel and the side vents are probably the only things I don't like so far! Nice job Cadillac...assuming you fixed the drivetrain.

ctsvett
01-09-07, 01:58 AM
few other points I noticed:

1. Locking glove box. Still in the passenger foot area though- not upper glove box

2. Still has a key.. No keyless start. maybe an option/ option package?

3. LED high beams

4. Traction control on the top dash (wheel?)

5. HDD button on radio- Built in HDD (I heard yes...)

6. Also a record button which confirms #5. what else would you be recording but a CD to mp3 on the built in hard drive?

7. Seat heaters and seat ventilators (in the press release)

8. Cruise control on wheel liek CTS-V.

9. lights on left stalk (not the dash like some cars)

more to come....

lawfive
01-09-07, 02:23 AM
few other points I noticed:

1. Locking glove box. Still in the passenger foot area though- not upper glove box

2. Still has a key.. No keyless start. maybe an option/ option package?

Locking glove box, that's on the wish list. Missed it!

Keyless start = optional "Easy Key." Keyless entry into doors and trunk, and once the fob is within the vehicle, keyless engine start.

ctsvett
01-09-07, 02:48 AM
yep.. sts/ sts-v has it... remote start, etc... its very cool.. remote start wouldnt work on a manual, but this is an auto..

My buddy's new G35s has it... Its the wave of the future... kinda bummed that GM missed it. I hope they have a VERY cool fob (see earlier thread a few weeks back with a picture of a new GM fob)

Reed

gothicaleigh
01-09-07, 09:44 AM
Appears maybe they wiped the thread...

It's there. Unfortunately, what I didn't know at the time I posted that link is that you have to be a member to see it. :(

lawfive
01-09-07, 11:17 AM
It's there. Unfortunately, what I didn't know at the time I posted that link is that you have to be a member to see it. :(

After the first try I registered, but still couldn't see that particular thread. Possibly some members are more equal than others?

CTS-V420
01-09-07, 11:56 AM
Im still thinking it looks like the interior of a TL what u think???

http://www.clubcts.com/upload/posted/cts-v420-04tl_int-s.jpg (http://www.clubcts.com/upload/posted/cts-v420-04tl_int.jpg)

The Tony Show
01-09-07, 12:04 PM
That's a negative, Ghost Rider.

ctsvflorida
01-09-07, 12:20 PM
First year car is understandable to be weiry of but how come the first year V was not a problem at all? Is it because the CTS was around since 2002? I think it was new in '02.

The Tony Show
01-09-07, 12:27 PM
CTS had already been around for 2 calendar years, and the LS block and related systems were proven performers. Not much new tech on the 04 CTS-V except the rear diff, and we all know how that worked out.....

lawfive
01-09-07, 12:29 PM
I think the new CTS is very appealing, at least in pictures. Can't wait to find out what the V looks and performance are like. Already, I'm questioning my Dodge Challenger strategy.

HiTechRV
01-09-07, 08:22 PM

Where'd you hear 6.2l? That's a very interesting displacement for a V...:thumbsup:

I believe the only official word on the V is there will be no 2008 CTS-V. Anyone pay the $75 to get in with an industry pass who can verify this is what they are saying in the Cadillac area?

ctsvett
01-09-07, 11:50 PM
video of the 08 cts on the FAQ now...

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/video/2008/

Some interviews about design, some driving footage, and some interior/closeup shots...

Reed

lunarx
01-10-07, 03:12 AM
Congratulations to Cadillac for offering a 300HP 6 speed Manual Trans car with mainstream looks. :thumbsup:

However, I find the front grill hideous.
It does not fit in with the smooth styling of the cars side panels.
Also, the fender vent needs to go away.
What is up with the chrome accents above the license plate and on the rear bumper?
That seems very AARP club to me.

The goofy new interior is not grabbing me either.
Interiors have always been GM's weak area, so I can forgive that.

I expected to be blown away by the new CTS but instead I find myself appreciating the current V even more.
Lets hope the new V is able to distinguish itself from a CTS by as large an amount as the current V does.
The new V better have 500HP and a meaner look or I will have no choice but to hold out for a Skyline.

sy1172
01-10-07, 11:41 AM
me no like! Ours looks better although I do like the interior. We'll see how the V looks.

Slapshot
01-10-07, 03:36 PM
"yep.. sts/ sts-v has it... remote start, etc... its very cool.. remote start wouldnt work on a manual..."

My Mustang is a 5 - speed and has a remote start. It is possible and available in the aftermarket. It works well...

I like the new sheet metal and the interior is a much needed class improvment... I look forward to the local auto show so I can take a gander in person.

I'm thinkin thumbs up baby...

HiTechRV
01-10-07, 10:29 PM
I love the 300 hp 3.6l with a 6 speed. That is an amazing hp/l.

lunarx
01-11-07, 01:09 AM
I love the 300 hp 3.6l with a 6 speed. That is an amazing hp/l.
I agree.
It puts the CTS back in the game.
No more bieng outclassed by IS350 & G35 Sedan, neither of which offer a manual trans.

HushH
01-11-07, 11:51 AM
I agree.
It puts the CTS back in the game.
No more bieng outclassed by IS350 & G35 Sedan, neither of which offer a manual trans.

Actually, the Sport model of the G35 sedan offers both a 6MT with a very nice shifter and a 5AT with paddle shifters and automatic rev-matching. Also, the handling of the new G is very, very good.
Hopefully since they're using the V suspension, the new CTS will handle just as well if not better.

lunarx
01-11-07, 12:23 PM
My Bad.
I thought it was only the coupe that had the 6MT.
My friend just bot a new G35 and he is soo0 jelous of my V.
He did not mention a 6MT was available, as I would have expected him to buy that, if he was cross shopping the V.
Bad on him too.

I can't wait for the Skyline when/if it ever gets brought over here.

HiTechRV
01-11-07, 10:41 PM
Thinking about it, I bet that 300 hp 3.6 can do 0-60 in the 5's with the manual. I wonder if you can put a steep final in it like a 4.10...The little guy has some potential for fun.

lunarx
01-11-07, 10:48 PM
Imagine if smeone made a supercharger kit for it. :lildevil:

HiTechRV
01-11-07, 10:51 PM
We'd have to start calling it the "lower case" V.

HiTechRV
01-13-07, 11:28 AM
Some phone pics of the new CTS from the Autoshow:

V-Max
01-13-07, 11:50 AM
I just recieved Autoweek magazine and a two page review of the 2008 CTS. The top engine will be option is the 300/270 hp/trq 3.6 for 2008. No mention at all about the V-series. Usually the media will at least hint, but the only thing Autoweek would like to see is a coupe or wagon version of the '08. Guess will have to wait until 2009 for the V. :-)

Norm

gothicaleigh
01-14-07, 09:15 AM
It still has that "ass end sticking up in the air begging to be rear ended like Richard Simmons in a San Francisco bath house" look to it.

I went to NAIAS yesterday.
It's lower than it looks in the pics. It definately has a rake to it's stance (which I like), but the rear end looks to be lower than the CTS we have now.
In fact, that was one of the pleasant surprises of seeing it in person. The car sits like it has a lowering kit on it. The front is very low.

Also tried to get you guys an under car shot, but it's a bit out of focus:
http://www.8thdaycreations.com/images/Under2008CTS600.JPG

:(

HiTechRV
01-14-07, 10:26 AM
Cool - I am going today and it looks like the ropes are down around the CTS. I'll bring my better camera.

mkaresh
01-14-07, 12:41 PM
I agree, looks even better in person. Thanks for the under the car shot, I didn't think of that. Looks like its dual from the cat back.

caddyv8v
01-14-07, 02:18 PM
i heard from a reliable source that there will only be 1 engine, the direct inj 3.6 at 300hp. i also heard that the v, some 12 months out est, will indeed be a sc 6.2L with 550hp and advertised performance of 0-60 in 3.9 sec. also, avail with auto trans or manual.

caddyv8v
01-14-07, 02:18 PM
oh yeah, pricing is targeted at 54k.

lunarx
01-14-07, 04:19 PM
^^^ :bouncy:

mkaresh
01-14-07, 06:13 PM
i heard from a reliable source that there will only be 1 engine, the direct inj 3.6 at 300hp. i also heard that the v, some 12 months out est, will indeed be a sc 6.2L with 550hp and advertised performance of 0-60 in 3.9 sec. also, avail with auto trans or manual.

Your source isn't entirely reliable. They've already announced that two 3.6s will be available, one with DI and one without. I assume the target price is for the CTS-V. 550 horsepower in the new CTS for $54,000? Available with an automatic and a manual?

I've been saying that I'd be happy with the 3.6 plus six-speed, but that sounds incredible.

caddyv8v
01-14-07, 07:24 PM
to clarify, i was told there was only a 3.6L engine, with the 2.8L discontinued. until i read your post, it never occured they would have 2 versions of the 3.6. the 54k is for the v. it was never made clear what type of a/t would be selected for the v. perhaps something similar to the a6 vette with paddle shift.

lawfive
01-15-07, 12:18 AM
Same source as last time:

July 2008 (2009 model): new V.
July 2009 (2010 model): automatic option.

HiTechRV
01-15-07, 12:52 AM
The 6.2l seems like as reasonable a starting point as any. Are you hearing SC only, or SC and NA? Certainly the rumor mill is alive with stories of a small block SC V engine.

lunarx
01-15-07, 01:24 AM
Wow, Factory forced induction.
If true, the V would be king.
Could we be so lucky?
It's going to be a difficult 18 months wait.

HiTechRV
01-16-07, 09:19 PM
More CTS features for 2008 including....AWD...
Also another underbody shot from outside the velvet rope.

rand49er
01-16-07, 09:57 PM
Wow, Factory forced induction. ...Hmm-m ... wonder if it will be able to be retrofitted to an LS6?

HiTechRV
01-16-07, 11:02 PM
Sure seems like a great market. Here is an area where just maybe we could influence GMPT and SPO.

When PT introduced the SC for the Cobalt SS, they also introduced a SPO version dealers could put on which preserved factory warranty, and came with a new ECM calibration.

Seems like an LS6/LS2 SC that maintained warranty would sell well...

rand49er
01-18-07, 11:01 AM
... Seems like an LS6/LS2 SC that maintained warranty would sell well...I know MY piggybank would be emptied for one.

Woody_MI and I went to the NAIAS yesterday. I took maybe 50 pics, and he took about double that. BTW, I'm not an expert on interiors by any stretch of the imagination, but the new CTS interior looked great. We went down to the Audi (cough ... gag) exhibit, and GM ought to be able hold their head as high as the noses of any Audi owner, IMHO.

The Volt was an extraoridinary vehicle and would absolutely leapfrog over the current hybrids from Japan. Spokeswoman (what a fantastic figure she had ... oh, sorry) said if you plugged that thing in every night of the year, your electric bill would only increase $300 per year ... not bad, huh? Plus, I heard John McIlroy (auto journalist) say on the radio this morning that he had talked to the battery manufacturer for the Volt, and the battery's cost would get down to $2k within the next three years! Introduction of the Volt in significant numbers would absolutely kill gasoline prices ... they would plummet. Draw your own conclusions from there as to the ramifications.

My personal favorite was the Holden. Here are just a few pics.

lunarx
01-18-07, 11:56 AM
Nice, but you still owe us 47 more pics.

rand49er
01-18-07, 02:23 PM
Nice, but you still owe us 47 more pics.Forum won't let me post any more ... I must be maxed out. :annoyed:

rand49er
01-18-07, 02:33 PM
There. I deleted a bunch of old pics.

Here's the Holden:

P-Funk
01-18-07, 05:19 PM
That Holden looks sweet. :thumbsup:

V-Love
01-20-07, 09:58 AM
I think the first pic looks like a 350Z or some kind of Nissan. I hope the V is a lot different.

The Tony Show
01-20-07, 04:45 PM
Some observations on the new rear cradle:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Firebomba/2008CTSunderside-rear.jpg

The diff itself is secured on two planes now (side to side in addition to front to back) by the new flanges behind the diff.

Also, note the huge distance between the cradle bolts (green arrows). The longer distance will help reduce flex in the case.

Looks like it could be a winner.

HiTechRV
01-20-07, 04:58 PM
Nice analysis. And factor in the beefier cast iron diff case itself. Some of the guts are tougher too which, given they do not break much today at current power and torque levels, bodes well for the next gen V.

HiTechRV
01-20-07, 05:14 PM
Wow, Factory forced induction.
If true, the V would be king.
Could we be so lucky?
It's going to be a difficult 18 months wait.

Even if the rumors are BS there is bound to be a little more hp in the NA LS, and the underbody pics engourage me that this car is designed from scratch to handle power. If the articles and rumors are not entirely BS, I'm going to be really interested in the price point and naming of some kind of Super V.

I'm seriously considering the 300 hp version while we wait for the next V. I think it will give some insight into the next V. The interior seems up to par with STS now. I think this will be a hot car to have when it is introduced even among the unwashed who know nothing about Cadillac. I think it will draw in a lot of new GM/Cadillac customers if it starts not too far over $30K.

I hope the V keeps generating hype from now until it is announced. You cannot buy the kind of positive press coverage the Motortrend article generated. I wonder if next year's autoshow is about the right time table. It's gotta be fully cooked by then with all the pre production parts available unless it is a very late 2009 car.

rand49er
01-20-07, 05:24 PM
Even if the rumors are BS there is bound to be a little more hp in the NA LS, and the underbody pics engourage me that this car is designed from scratch to handle power. If the articles and rumors are not entirely BS, I'm going to be really interested in the price point and naming of some kind of Super V.

I'm seriously considering the 300 hp version while we wait for the next V. I think it will give some insight into the next V. The interior seems up to par with STS now. I think this will be a hot car to have when it is introduced even among the unwashed who know nothing about Cadillac. I think it will draw in a lot of new GM/Cadillac customers if it starts not too far over $30K.

I hope the V keeps generating hype from now until it is announced. You cannot buy the kind of positive press coverage the Motortrend article generated. I wonder if next year's autoshow is about the right time table. It's gotta be fully cooked by then with all the pre production parts available unless it is a very late 2009 car.Thanks, Tony. Good observation!

I smell simmering sauerkraut. :D

lawfive
01-20-07, 07:42 PM
bubbling braunschweiger