: Clearing ecu codes?

SLAB
01-08-07, 02:15 AM
Took my V in the other day because my engine light was on. One of the techs ran it through the computer and said it was because of my lingenfelter intake. Does anyone know how to clear the code without having to take it back to the shop all the time? They will do it but want to charge me $40 every time. Thx Slab.

heavymetals
01-08-07, 02:33 AM
Check for an air leak.

You can clear the code by disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes (usually).

svassh
01-08-07, 09:48 AM
Took my V in the other day because my engine light was on. One of the techs ran it through the computer and said it was because of my lingenfelter intake. Does anyone know how to clear the code without having to take it back to the shop all the time? They will do it but want to charge me $40 every time. Thx Slab.

Spend your $40 at a discount auto parts store and buy an OBDII tool so you can clear them yourself. This will also allow you to see what the codes are rather than trust these sneaky Caddy dealers that are afraid of any mod.

tedcmiller
01-08-07, 01:44 PM
While having your own OBDII scanner to read codes and clear them is a good recommendation, I haven't seen any good ones for $40. Some of the ones that use blinking lights to read out codes might be that cheap, but a decent tool with a direct digital display is going to cost more.

Davidstan
01-08-07, 01:51 PM
i left my gas cap partially off and cause a engine light to come on. Put the cap securely on but the light stays on now going on 4 days. manual says light should go off by itself.

SBONES
01-08-07, 03:46 PM
i just got one last week at auto zone..$140....they will clear it for free...but i got one anyway. mine keeps coming up bank 1 and 2 rich. i also have a cai... to be honest i never checked the conection.

svassh
01-08-07, 04:28 PM
I bought on ebay for $40, nothing special but it works. Came with a little book of codes so you can interpret.

SLAB
01-08-07, 06:26 PM
Thx for the tips guys but today it turned off. Don't know why but its gone. The service guy said that it was running a little lean, and the sensor had some oil from the filter itself so I'm hoping its fixed. I think I'm going to buy one of those ecu readers anyways just in case.

urbanski
01-08-07, 07:06 PM
i just got one last week at auto zone..$140....they will clear it for free...but i got one anyway. mine keeps coming up bank 1 and 2 rich. i also have a cai... to be honest i never checked the conection.
leaking cai should give a lean code

Drift-caddy
01-08-07, 07:16 PM

Just my .02. FIX THE PROBLEM...:bigroll:

ctsvett
01-08-07, 10:49 PM
1: Fix the problem if you can. I also get a p101 from my intake once and a while.. I have done everything, but it just happens when I lug the car sometimes...

2: DONT buy a obd scanner- no need. Just go to autozone, bring in your ID and they will let you Borrow the OBD scanner.. walk out to the parking lot, read and clear the code and bring it back in... This is an autozone (and most major autoparts stores) benifit. Doesnt cost a penny... You can be nice and buy something from them, but you dont have to.

Reed