: HELP! Needed: '96 FWB Front License Plate Bracket!

Buick61
01-07-07, 08:23 PM
So, I got this car from Florida via a Texas dealer. As such, it has no front license plate bracket. So far, I've gotten stopped two times because of it (no tickets, thankfully)

So, does anyone have an extra one laying around or know where I can get one?

Thanks! ! !

caddycruiser
01-07-07, 10:28 PM
I think we still have the one off our '93 out in the shed. I'll have to check, but pretty sure it's there.

509Rider
01-08-07, 02:11 AM
I just bought a new one from the dealer, they had it in stock which I could not believe, it cost me 42 bux.

Buick61
01-09-07, 06:51 AM
I think we still have the one off our '93 out in the shed. I'll have to check, but pretty sure it's there.

Thanks for checking!

Buick61
01-09-07, 06:52 AM
I just bought a new one from the dealer, they had it in stock which I could not believe, it cost me 42 bux.

There are no Caddy dealers around here, but I'll call around to the outlying areas. Didn't think they'd have one.

Buick61
01-21-07, 10:03 PM
Just re-checking...Anybody have one?

ShadowLvr400
01-21-07, 11:46 PM
I did wanna keep mine... But how much are you offering?

Buick61
01-22-07, 12:13 PM
I did wanna keep mine... But how much are you offering?

What do you think is reasonable? $10? $20? $5? $1,957?

Old Fleetwood
01-22-07, 03:47 PM
How handy are you at cutting and bending a piece of 16ga. steel 90 degrees and drilling 4 holes to fit until you can hop over to a boneyard?

caddycruiser
01-22-07, 04:34 PM
I'm so sorry, I forgot! Yes, we do have one sitting at home--I found it, then forgot to bring it back with me. I should still be able to get it, I think.

It's semi heavy, being metal, but shouldn't be that bad to send--I could probably get my brother just to drop it in a box and send it out.

ShadowLvr400
01-22-07, 05:35 PM
Actually, a boneyard would be your best bet. I don't actually want to sell my front bracket. I'd been planning on putting a plate there. But..... Actually, let me check my junkyard next door tomorrow. I'll see if they can find one. If they can, I'll sell you mine for what it costs to get the other one, and to ship it. (IE, what it costs me, and nothin extra.)

caddycruiser
01-22-07, 06:47 PM
Or, like I also offered, I can just call my brother up and tell him to get the one sitting on the shelf at home in a box and send it right to you. Not a guarantee, but I don't see a problem--just let us know.

Buick61
01-23-07, 08:48 PM
Or, like I also offered, I can just call my brother up and tell him to get the one sitting on the shelf at home in a box and send it right to you. Not a guarantee, but I don't see a problem--just let us know.

That would be completely and utterly awesome and much much appreciated. PM me for specifics!

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Buick61
01-24-07, 12:28 AM
Well, that was a bust. I don't have enough posts to return your PM. I put you on my AIM buddy list, so either I'll IM you when you sign on or you can e-mail me at Buick61 AT yahoo.com

Thanks! And I can't wait to stop being pulled over!

caddycruiser
01-24-07, 06:55 AM
Well, that was a bust. I don't have enough posts to return your PM. I put you on my AIM buddy list, so either I'll IM you when you sign on or you can e-mail me at Buick61 AT yahoo.com

Thanks! And I can't wait to stop being pulled over!

Emailed you are...:thumbsup:

Old Fleetwood
01-24-07, 03:10 PM
In the meantime, could you get some of the 3M TRIM TAPE (2-sided sticky) and TOTALLY COVER the back of your front license plate with the stuff. Then, slightly bending the plate as necessary, stick it to your front bumper until you get the appropriate part?:confused:
When I had my old Cordoba repainted (it was stripped for the total repaint), all the emblems were removed. That trim tape really sticks like mad, so I wonder if it would hold if you really plastered the back of the plate with the stuff until you got the holder. At least it might stop a cop stop.:thumbsup:

Buick61
01-24-07, 09:10 PM
In the meantime, could you get some of the 3M TRIM TAPE (2-sided sticky) and TOTALLY COVER the back of your front license plate with the stuff. Then, slightly bending the plate as necessary, stick it to your front bumper until you get the appropriate part?:confused:
When I had my old Cordoba repainted (it was stripped for the total repaint), all the emblems were removed. That trim tape really sticks like mad, so I wonder if it would hold if you really plastered the back of the plate with the stuff until you got the holder. At least it might stop a cop stop.:thumbsup:

I tried magnets, the problem is the front bumper is too pointed in the middle, it would have to be offset, which, I guess would work, but I'm still fearful that one big bump and the plate would be gone.

Old Fleetwood
01-24-07, 09:31 PM
I actually get queasy as I suggest this . . . but . . . could you simply WIRE THE LICENSE PLATE TO YOUR GRILLE USING BALING WIRE until you get the proper fixture?
(God forgive me for the Tobacco Road/Beverly Hillbillies suggestion):worship:

caddycruiser
01-24-07, 09:33 PM
Well, hopefully, it will no longer be a problem come Friday. Too bad I didn't remember the thread last month, or you'd already have one.

Regardless, I can't remember how it's connected, so you might still need a bolt or two, but otherwise the OEM holder is on its way.