: 2wd Escalade Owners

Fat AL
01-07-07, 07:51 PM
Whats up everyone Ive got a question to the owners of a 2wd 02-05 escalade or anyone who can help really. Are you happy with the truck? How does the 2wd perform in worse weather conditions. I live in the northeast and would love to get an escalade but i dont want to get slammed with the terrible mpg of awd . I thought i read there was traction control and the 2wd drive gets similiar to what a tahoe gets mpg wise which i can live with and with some snow tires, I imagine it would do alright not as good as AWD obviously tho. Maybe i have some misconceptions about the truck so any help would be great.

hcvone
01-08-07, 08:08 AM
Most 2 wheel drive Escalade owners have told me their gas mileage and they get about 2 - 3 miles per gallon more than the all wheel drives, I am taking their word for that because I have not owned a 2 wheel drive model. Depending on were you live and drive if the area is flat you will not have a problem in the snow, if it's hilly on you live or drive in the mountains you may want the all wheel drive.

Fat AL
01-08-07, 10:21 AM
yea i mean i live in a city so its not crazy driving conditions. I might go to the country a few times during any snowfall but if its heavy i avoid going out there so im not sure which fits my needs better. Id imagine 2wd would handle 95 percent of the situations i find myself in fine. I used to drive an older grand cherokee and never put it in 4wd the whole time i owned it and i had bald tires on it the whole winter and it slipped a few times but nothing crazy. Id say the Caddy would handle better than that

hcvone
01-08-07, 10:39 AM
Al, you should be fine then, my company has owned 26 Grand Cherokee's and your two wheel drive Escalade should do better than them in the snow depending on the tires of course. :)

Fat AL
01-08-07, 11:34 AM
There is a traction control correct? yea the tires would most def be snows if I decide to go thru with buying one

hcvone
01-08-07, 12:45 PM
Yes there is traction control