: AutoShow today...bye bye V

wildwhl
01-07-07, 08:29 PM
:lies:

Not a chance in hell. Have to say the E63 AMG is tempting...very tempting...and if I didn't have the V I think the 335 bimmer would have to be very high on the list.

It was sure a nice feeling to stroll around with my oldest son for a couple of hours and not regret owning any of the vehicles I do. A real first for me. I let my son crawl in and drive every red car (his choice) and every silver truck (my choice) while we snapped some photos.

Sat in a nice Red Z06...still a nice beast, just not for me.

There were no V's there, CTS or otherwise, and nothing really very exciting or new from GM other than the Z06 above.

Broke a door handle off a Charger (it was an accident, honest) and even the M5 didn't really attract me. F'in Bimmer dudes weren't too keen on letting my son crawl in the back seat until I reminded them it was a 4 door sedan so KIDS COULD RIDE IN BACK!

Oh well...little tiny cell phone pic for kicks. Looks like the V will live on in the stable for many years to come :yup:

Of couse, Mrs. Wheel doesn't want to relinquish the keys to her Murano - says she loves it - but I might have found her a replacement :canttalk:

WW

ChicagoCTS32
01-07-07, 08:48 PM
What's the replacement for the murano?

Please tell me it's the Q7 with V12 TDI... 1000nM of torque and 500 hp. Holy hell!

Handsome little devil you got there... he'll be breaking hearts soon!

ctsvett
01-07-07, 09:48 PM
just keep Mrs. Wheel happy.... then she keeps you happy... ;)

anim8orCTSV
01-07-07, 10:39 PM
There were no V's there, CTS or otherwise, and nothing really very exciting or new from GM other than the Z06 above.

I just went to GM's site to look at the Volt concept and if you scroll to the left (from the start of the concept gallery) there is a curtain with the words 2008 Cadillac CTS written in front of it.

I guess we will see it in a day or so.

-Paul
anim8orCTSV

wildwhl
01-07-07, 11:29 PM
What's the replacement for the murano?

Please tell me it's the Q7 with V12 TDI... 1000nM of torque and 500 hp. Holy hell!

Handsome little devil you got there... he'll be breaking hearts soon!

Sorry, no...but that would be a good choice.

Mrs. Wheel's next car will be something non-SUV, and we'll prolly replace the Mo with something a little more off-tarmac capable. The AMG wouldn't be a bad choice for her :thepan:

I'll float the real idea by her in the next day or two...along the lines of a 7 series bimmer but not a bimmer :hmm:

urbanski
01-08-07, 06:52 AM
i know you cant sell yours, i cant leave my babe either :)