: Opinions on Used SRX

steveo555
01-07-07, 05:55 PM
My parents are thinking of buying me a 2004 SRX V8. I go to college in a mountain area, otherwise I would have a sports car. Anyway, does everyone think it is a good car and fun car? The one I am looking at getting is fully loaded and with navigation. Also my friends mom has an SRX and he says it is a "women’s car" is that really true. Thanks for all opinions.

c5 rv
01-07-07, 07:51 PM
An AWD SRX would serve you well in a mountain area. There is plenty of room for road trips with a couple friends and cargo hauling. If you're worried about it being a mom-mobile, look at the bright side - your parents could be getting you a Dodge minivan.

GMJim
01-08-07, 02:30 PM
I must be a girlyman then. I love my manlymobile.

TSS
01-08-07, 03:26 PM
The SRX is not as "tough" looking as I would like compared to my two prior very manly 4X4 Tahoes.

If that bothers you, don't get one. The pros for me far outweighed that one con. Then again, I am older than you and married with a 7 year old, so having a vehicle that attracts the opposite sex was not a factor for me. When I was your age, if my parents had money like yours seem to have, I would probably care more about the "manly" image than I do now. That is not intended to be an insult to you. It is simply that priorities change as we get older and wiser. If you had to even ask the question, you might be happier with a Trailblazer SS.

Smokin' SRX
01-08-07, 06:21 PM
My parents are thinking of buying me a 2004 SRX V8. I go to college in a mountain area, otherwise I would have a sports car. Anyway, does everyone think it is a good car and fun car? The one I am looking at getting is fully loaded and with navigation. Also my friends mom has an SRX and he says it is a "women’s car" is that really true. Thanks for all opinions.

Did you catch C5rv's comment? AWD is the only way to go if you're near snow!! This is NOT a "girly" car at all! It's a refined 4X4 to be sure...and with the v-8......it moves!!! You'll be the designated driver for sure;)
Try very hard to get an extended warranty , as this ain't no Miata!!! It's got more computers and relays than the Space Shuttle !! But get it from GM or Caddy only!! "Others" have gone out of business leaving many stuck!! Get it in writing......." guaranteed by General Motors or Cadillac" right on the warranty bill of sale! Don't trust a brochure! Or you'll have some expensive repairs! :bonkers:
Good luck! you'll love it!!

c5 rv
01-08-07, 08:43 PM
If you had to even ask the question, you might be happier with a Trailblazer SS.

The knuckledragger in me really wanted to buy the AWD TBSS instead of the SRX. Who needs comfortable seats and an interior that isn't made by Tupperware? Who needs double-digit fuel economy on regular gas? It's all about the power of the LS2, stiff suspension, and wonderful exhaust note.

TSS
01-09-07, 07:55 AM
The knuckledragger in me really wanted to buy the AWD TBSS instead of the SRX.

Ditto. BUT, the Ultraview, 3rd row, incredible riding MRC, and superior warrantee sold me on the V-8 SRX. If it was purely a "manly image" thing, I would have likely opted for the faster, less sophisticated, much less expensive TBSS (35K approx list price versus my 56K list price).