: Would you rather have a regular or ESV?

WS6Owner
01-07-07, 02:20 PM
I am trying to decide between the two. I want a regular (I think) and my wife wants an ESV. What are the differences between the ESV being bigger?

nyssa7
01-07-07, 02:46 PM
I imagine it mostly depends on whether you carry more than 5 people, and if you do, do you want to carry their luggage at the same time? Regular Escalade has folding 3rd row seating, but it you use the seats, there's not much space behind it for the luggage. ESV has (I think) fixed third row (and more luxurious seats AND loads of space for suitcases or whatever it is you carry

benamaster
01-07-07, 03:39 PM
I chose the ESV because I don't like how there is no room with the 3rd row in place in the regular Escalade. Its personal preference but I would think the Escalade is easier to park.

Lord Cadillac
01-07-07, 07:24 PM
To me, the regular Escalade looks nicer on the outside.. However, the third seat in the regular Escalade has less legroom. Enough to make a difference in comfort for passengers. With the ESV (which I have), the third row can fold down if you need it to - but there's so much room in the back, that I never fold down that third row..

My third row is up, I have a kicker box and plenty of room for lots of groceries or suitcases or whatever else I want to put back there.. The regular Escalade really needs that third row folded down or there's very little room.

The ESV has a longer wheelbase, so the ride may be a little softer..

Boombotz
01-07-07, 07:51 PM
I have a regular Lade. IMO they look much nicer then the ESV. My driving load is usually less then 4. So we have plenty of the room in the back because we fold the third seat down. If you have more then 5 to drive around then a ESV is what you need.

pabstcadillac
01-07-07, 07:56 PM
I guess we're going to find out who wears the pants in this house real soon. :alchi:

LLT
01-07-07, 07:57 PM
Depends on your needs. I'd say don't get the ESV unless you need it as it does pose inconvenience in parking situations and just general heft. My wife won't drive mine (which works out well, since it's always at the dealer anyway :D)

I wanted the extra cargo room without having to fold down the third row seat, or worse yet, take it out - which sucks as it's really heavy.

hcvone
01-08-07, 07:43 AM
For me it was simple I had 6 Suburban's and wanted a "smaller" truck for a few reasons, I do not carry the third seats, my Escalade is a "work" truck and I do not want to carry more than 4 people ever, I carry a lot of large but not heavy items, and without the third row seats there is nothing to get in the way or have to remove to do this. The larger Escalade is harder to park and get into tight areas, not much harder, but it is harder. :)