: 2006 SRX Fuel Door Won't Open

SRXES
01-07-07, 09:28 AM
Hi. I am new to the forums and also a new 2006 SRX owner. I have bought gas one time and pushing on the rear edge of the fuel door to get to the gas cap worked fine the first time. Now, I need to get gas again and the fuel door does not pop open when I push on the rear edge.

Has anyone else had this problem, and how can I get the fuel door open?
There is no remote control for the fuel door, just a manual push.

Also the weather here in Georgia has been unusally warm, so it is not a cold
weather factor.

Thanks for your assistance, SRXES.:banghead:

Oso
01-07-07, 09:32 AM
Try pushing on near the center. It should pop open unless it is stuck for some other reason. It has a spring-loaded latch like a lot of cabinets with glass doors.

SRXES
01-07-07, 09:46 AM
Oso,
Thanks, your explanation helped me understand the functionality better.
I pressed in the middle with the flat of fist, instead of my fingertips and I have now opened it twice. Feeling much better.

SRXES:yup:

c5 rv
01-07-07, 10:20 AM
If the little pop-out mechanism ever gets hung up, you can slip your fingernail behind the rear of the door and just pull it open. There is no latch holding it closed, just a spring. Just don't use anything that would scratch the paint like a bare key or screwdriver.

davedogcaddy
01-09-07, 04:37 PM
Hi. I am new to the forums and also a new 2006 SRX owner. I have bought gas one time and pushing on the rear edge of the fuel door to get to the gas cap worked fine the first time. Now, I need to get gas again and the fuel door does not pop open when I push on the rear edge.

Has anyone else had this problem, and how can I get the fuel door open?
There is no remote control for the fuel door, just a manual push.

Also the weather here in Georgia has been unusally warm, so it is not a cold
weather factor.

Thanks for your assistance, SRXES.:banghead:

Where in GA are you? I'm in GA too, seems like I never see any other SRXs besides mine... :rolleyes: