: Please confirm, 02 steering radio controls light up?

tc3
01-07-07, 03:02 AM
I replaced all the burnt out interior bulbs, except the steering wheel, I can finally see at night!!!
I've read alot of 03+ have em. I just want to be 100% before I pull the air bag off!
Thx

yourgmsolutions
01-07-07, 03:34 AM
if you remove airbag, you will not set off any codes,
but why would you want to remove air bag, if all you want to do is replace lights on steering wheel controls ?

yourgmsolutions
01-07-07, 03:50 AM
I don't think that you can replace steering wheel controls lights. but not 100% sure. in case if you have to replace switches, check around for steering wheel. my friend doq eat have of his steering wheel on his tahoe. He end up buying one off ebay for like $40 or $60

slk230mb
01-07-07, 11:23 AM
The steering wheel controls do light up in the 2002. I just had the switches replaced in mine under warranty because they burnt out.

tc3
01-07-07, 12:23 PM
if you remove airbag, you will not set off any codes,
but why would you want to remove air bag, if all you want to do is replace lights on steering wheel controls ?

Is it possible to remove the controls from the steering wheel without removing the air bag?
Also, from all the other burnt out components I've replaced so far, I've had the solder new bulbs to them.

slk230mb
01-07-07, 02:22 PM
Is it possible to remove the controls from the steering wheel without removing the air bag?
Also, from all the other burnt out components I've replaced so far, I've had the solder new bulbs to them.

If you do a search, ewill replied with the R&R procedure for the steering wheel controls in one of my threads.

tc3
01-07-07, 05:28 PM
Found it,Thx!!!