: 2007 SRX - Cargo Net

j123456k
01-06-07, 09:01 PM
To all,

My wife and I just picked up our new 2007 SRX this week and absolutely love it. We got the V8 with the Magnetic Ride Control and this vehicle rides like a dream.

In our old SUV, we had a stand up cargo net that we could put groceries in. Unfortunately, our old net is not the right size for the SRX. I looked on the Cadillac website and they do have a net for the SRX, but they are asking $230 for it. I got to think a net like this should be going for $50 at the most.

Does anyone have any suggestions about getting a net from an aftermarket dealer for a more reasonable price?

Thanks,

Jeff

TSS
01-07-07, 10:02 AM
That price is wrong - see my reply in the other thread you posted in re: this issue.

Smokin' SRX
01-07-07, 01:13 PM
[quote=j123456k;929651]To all,

My wife and I just picked up our new 2007 SRX this week and absolutely love it. We got the V8 with the Magnetic Ride Control and this vehicle rides like a dream.

In our old SUV, we had a stand up cargo net that we could put groceries in. Unfortunately, our old net is not the right size for the SRX. I looked on the Cadillac website and they do have a net for the SRX, but they are asking $230 for it. I got to think a net like this should be going for $50 at the most.

Does anyone have any suggestions about getting a net from an aftermarket dealer for a more reasonable price?

Thanks,

I have same equip truck! (but an '04) Nothing handles like that Mag-Ride in corners/ramps!! We love it also! Mine came w/ Net ,as all I'm told do, except 3rd row seat versions! Talk to dealer. Many get "taken" out of under cargo storage compartment at the dealership, before delivery!:tisk:
Good luck w/ the most unmistakeable looking Mid-size SAV on the road!!

TSS
01-08-07, 09:22 AM
[quote=j123456k;929651]To all,

Mine came w/ Net ,as all I'm told do, except 3rd row seat versions!

True for 2004 (and 2005 I think) models. Not true for 2006 forward. They did away with the cargo net and tow hook as standard equipment.

Smokin' SRX
01-10-07, 08:47 AM
[quote=Smokin' SRX;930234]

True for 2004 (and 2005 I think) models. Not true for 2006 forward. They did away with the cargo net and tow hook as standard equipment.

I hate when they do that! My '00 Yukon had movable front seat headrests ( forwards or back tilt!) and when I got my '03 Yukon ......guess what? Gone! My '04 SRX does have them! Hope they still do in '07! Really nice feature for long drives.

j123456k
01-10-07, 12:24 PM
Thanks for everyone's responses. I talked with my salesman and the parts manager and the $230 quote was for a pet retainer. It looks like the dealership is going to get me a cargo net for $30.

TSS
01-10-07, 12:34 PM
There you go!

p.s. I had PM'd you w/ my office phone number to call me and I would set you up with my Cadillac Parts department - ever get the message? Maybe I don't know how to PM.....

j123456k
01-10-07, 12:39 PM
TSS,

I got your PM and tried to call your office a couple times yesterday, but you were on the phone one time and gone for lunch the other time.

Anyway, thanks for your help.......I think we are OK for now.

Jeff

TSS
01-10-07, 08:10 PM
Glad you finally got it!

dbknight
01-10-07, 08:14 PM
Someone have the part #?

I would like to order one from GMPartsDirect.com

j123456k
01-10-07, 10:41 PM
Sorry......I don't have the part number, but will supply once I get the net from the dealership.

TSS......do you have the part number?

Jeff

TSS
01-11-07, 08:28 AM
MIGHT be 1522 4105. Better double check that though!!!!!!

dcarr66
01-20-07, 07:26 PM
MIGHT be 1522 4105. Better double check that though!!!!!!

Will that fit the '06 also? That's one bummer I've noticed already - groceries are everywhere when I get home!!

c5 rv
01-20-07, 09:23 PM
Will that fit the '06 also? That's one bummer I've noticed already - groceries are everywhere when I get home!!

Stop pushing so hard on that right pedal! That's my problem. :burn:

j123456k
01-20-07, 11:36 PM
To all,

I talked with the parts manager at Coulter Cadillac in Phoenix and after some research, he ordered me part number 1522 4105. For some reason, Cadillac has packaged the cargo net with the cargo liner for the 2007 model and does not show up on the computer without some digging,

The part number 1522 4105 is the part number that came up for the 2006 SRX, so he ordered it and I just received on Friday. It fits fine in my 2007.....it is not a great cargo net, but does the job.....I am sure it fits fine in 2006 and earlier versions. FYI......he charged me dealer cost at the request of my saleman and I wound of paying $30. I think they charge $50 normally.

By the way, we also ordered the WEATHERTECH cargo liner and just received that as well. That really fits nicely in the cargo area. Next thing I think we will get is the bumper guard which is a rubber liner that protects the painted surface at the rear of the cargo area. It looks like this could get scratched up pretty easy taking things in and out.

Jeff

dcarr66
01-21-07, 08:11 AM
Thanks for that info J-K, I found the cargo net on GMPartsDirect. Their pricing seems low, but S&H is high. $23.91 for the net but $9.95 for S&H - you got a better price overall from your dealer.

Do you have a part # (or picture) for the Weathertech cargo liner?

j123456k
01-21-07, 09:29 AM
The part number for the Weathertech liner is 40225. Go to autoanything.com to see a picture and order. It comes in a few colors.......we got black because our interior is ebony. It is rubber and has a lip all around.......so if there was a spill, it would never get contained within the rubber liner.

Jeff

dcarr66
01-21-07, 12:18 PM
Thanks again!

mdressler
01-22-07, 02:11 PM
Is that Weathertech cargo liner flexible? I have the third row seat. Could it be rolled or folded when the 3rd seat is up?

Smokin' SRX
01-22-07, 04:18 PM
Is that Weathertech cargo liner flexible? I have the third row seat. Could it be rolled or folded when the 3rd seat is up?

Yes, it's flexible, but firm. Mine came rolled in a box! (about 15' square) But you will need two hands to fold/roll! It is 4' long and terrific!
I would rather recommend a softer, lower-lipped, universal type, if you use the 3rd row regularly. Or carry a bungee-chord to firmly hold it in rolled position.......you'll need it!:rolleyes:

j123456k
01-22-07, 06:34 PM
Mdressler,

Just like Smokin SRX says, it is flexible and is easy to take in and out. It fits very nicely in my SRX........I did not get the third row, but have the built in cargo compartments. I was worried about not being able to get to the compartments, but it rolls up easily.

Hey Smokin SRX........I like your name and the flag you fly. You seem to be a guy like me......an old school guy that thinks it is important to support American workers and the products they make. I have a 2007 Cadillac SRX, a 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII and 1998 Harley Low Rider and am proud to have a garage full of American made vehicles. Do I have you pegged right?

Jeff

GMJim
01-22-07, 08:06 PM
To who ever buys my trade in..........I am sorry, I kept the tow hook, and cargo net for my new 06. I hope you understand.

250motorsportz
01-24-07, 12:49 AM
Check the dealership. They sometimes through them in for free. Doesn't hurt to ask next time you're in there.

MortnCyn
01-24-07, 07:29 AM
To who ever buys my trade in..........I am sorry, I kept the tow hook, and cargo net for my new 06. I hope you understand.
Ditto. I kept mine from our '04 and there was none in the '05.
GMJim: You had complained about trade-in value earlier. How did you do on your deal for the '06?

GMJim
01-24-07, 11:43 AM
Ditto. I kept mine from our '04 and there was none in the '05.
GMJim: You had complained about trade-in value earlier. How did you do on your deal for the '06?

Thanks for asking.
I did really well. got 3K more from the dealer I bought it from. It came out nearly 18K off the 50,060 MRSP with GMS, all the incentives, bonus money, trade, and what the dealer said they gave up.
Love the V8, narrow rocker panels, power liftgate, and recessed exhaust tips. Haven't had a chance to experience AWD yet.
Plus I got a tow hook & cargo net!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha.
Still not sure about White Diamond. It has a tan hue to it, and I don't care for tan. Maybe when things green up in MI, and the sun comes back out someday, and I quit comparing it to snow, I will feel better about it.

TSS
01-24-07, 01:54 PM
Maybe when things green up in MI, and the sun comes back out someday, and I quit comparing it to snow, I will feel better about it.

Hey , where are you in Michigan?

GMJim
01-25-07, 10:35 AM
Hey , where are you in Michigan?

Live in Clarkston
work at the VEC Warren

Your not gunna look me up and steal my cargo net are you?????

TSS
01-25-07, 10:52 AM
Your not gunna look me up and steal my cargo net are you?????

Heck no - already got mine from the dealer! Now YOU got me thinking...perhaps I should be taking my cargo net and tow hook inside at night. The tow hook was a PITA to get.

Smokin' SRX
01-25-07, 03:57 PM
Mdressler,

Just like Smokin SRX says, it is flexible and is easy to take in and out. It fits very nicely in my SRX........I did not get the third row, but have the built in cargo compartments. I was worried about not being able to get to the compartments, but it rolls up easily.

Hey Smokin SRX........I like your name and the flag you fly. You seem to be a guy like me......an old school guy that thinks it is important to support American workers and the products they make. I have a 2007 Cadillac SRX, a 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII and 1998 Harley Low Rider and am proud to have a garage full of American made vehicles. Do I have you pegged right?

Jeff

GUILTY AS CHARGED! I'm a simple Viet Vet who made it in America w/little education past high-school, and believe you gotta give back to your Country! Our car manufacturers are in trouble and I'll be damned if I will buy an Import, if any other possible choice is available. Even if the lie that "they're not as good" was true.......I'd buy American, even if it was a few bucks more! You shouldn't go thru life with a Catchers mit on BOTH hands.
Ford just announced more major losses. But most Americans are opera stars........"mi, mi, mi, mi......" They'll get it when thier job is gone. It's incredible how many associated industries American manufacturers touch! I know 3 guys (an engineer, a small component manufacturer, and a salesman) all out of work from the "Big Three" .............. all driving beautiful little Corollas and Hyundais!

But that's me, and I don't judge anyone. It's a free country. I worry about our children's future jobs here. And it irks me to see an American flag on an Import! :cookoo:

Peace :)

GMJim
01-25-07, 06:03 PM
I am very proud of the made in Michigan sticker on my SRX door.
And even more proud of the fact that it was designed in Flint.
The CTS, SRX & STS was the last of Flint design. : - (

TSS
01-25-07, 08:10 PM
Amen! I would not even consider driving a foreign car everyday . GM keeps my town going . I also get peaved when I see a foreign car with a flag pretending to be patriotic. God bless America.

dcarr66
01-25-07, 08:52 PM

Just ordered mine. I don't have the 3rd seat, so I won't have the problem of rolling it up!!

c5 rv
01-25-07, 09:23 PM
Four pages on the cargo net?

j123456k
01-26-07, 06:03 PM
You will find this interesting. I went to the Phoenix auto show during November 2006 already knowing that I was going to buy the SRX, but still wanted to see other cars and see how Lincoln was doing. I looked at the new Lincoln MKZ and on the sticker, it showed, assembled in Mexico, 40% parts content American; Engine made in Mexico, etc. I went to one of the Lincoln guys and showed him the Lincoln sticker and commented about all the plant shut downs that Ford is doing and then proceeded to tell him that I would be buying the Cadillac across the aisle that assembled in Michigan, engine made in America, Transmission made in America and 80% American parts content. He commented that they needed to stay competitive, reduce costs, etc.........all I said that patriotic people like me will then not buy their cars!!!......so he will be saving costs, but also slowing sales as well. He did not know how to respond to that and I just proceeded to the Cadillac area.

Jeff

john d
01-26-07, 06:29 PM
[quote=j123456k;954035]You will find this interesting. I went to the Phoenix auto show during November 2006 already knowing that I was going to buy the SRX, but still wanted to see other cars and see how Lincoln was doing. I looked at the new Lincoln MKZ and on the sticker, it showed, assembled in Mexico, 40% parts content American; Engine made in Mexico, etc. I went to one of the Lincoln guys and showed him the Lincoln sticker and commented about all the plant shut downs that Ford is doing and then proceeded to tell him that I would be buying the Cadillac across the aisle that assembled in Michigan, engine made in America, Transmission made in America and 80% American parts content. He commented that they needed to stay competitive, reduce costs, etc.........all I said that patriotic people like me will then not buy their cars!!!......so he will be saving costs, but also slowing sales as well. He did not know how to respond to that and I just proceeded to the Cadillac area.

Campaiging for President Ross Perot stated that NAFTA would shift jobs to Mexico and Canada (Crown Vic/Town Car I think), cause loss of U.S. jobs, decrease tax (income) revenue, increase govt. costs for lost jobs programs, increase U.S. negitive balance of payments, cause U.S. to borrow from foreign sources, increase interest rates and generally destroy the Country as we have so enjoyed.
Did anyone vote for him? Would you now?

MortnCyn
01-27-07, 01:36 PM
You will find this interesting.....then proceeded to tell him that I would be buying the Cadillac across the aisle that assembled in Michigan, engine made in America, Transmission made in America and 80% American parts content. JeffThe SRX not quite all American manufactured. The two Cadillac SRX models each use high-tech Hydra-Matic transmissions, assembled in Strasbourg, France.

j123456k
01-28-07, 08:36 PM
True on the 5 speed transmissions, but the new 6 speed is American made and was taken from the Corvette. I bought the V8 with the 6 speed transmission and the sticker stated that is was made in America. There is nothing perfect in today's world, but a patriotic consumer can still do their part to buy as much as they can that is American made.

dcarr66
02-10-07, 05:26 PM
Just ordered mine. I don't have the 3rd seat, so I won't have the problem of rolling it up!!

I received the Weathertech cargo mat yesterday and it doesn't fit!! :mad2:

Turns out it only fits in cars equipped with the 3rd row seating option (with the seats folded down). I assumed that my car (without 3rd row seating) had the same dimensions in the cargo area. Apprently not true.

I've requested a refund from AutoAnything. Bummer...

c5 rv
02-10-07, 07:03 PM
Bummer. I go ahead and get the waffle patterned rubber mat from your Caddy dealer - for whatever configuration you have in back: 3rd seat, cargo organizer, or nothing.

j123456k
02-10-07, 10:41 PM
dcarr66,

That is bad news.......I really don't understand......unless there is someting different about the cargo section between the 2007 and 2006. I have the 2007 WITHOUT the 3rd row and the weathertech cargo liner fits perfectly!!

So......sorry for bad news, but I really do not understand what happened.

Jeff

j123456k
02-10-07, 11:01 PM
After thinking about it a little more, I do have the cargo organizer which the weathertech liner sits over.....so maybe that simulates the same the surface area as the cargo compartments that have the 3rd row seat.

Anyway, sorry for the bad news. I apologize for giving you the weathertech info that turned out to not work for you.

I really like the liner and is working out really well for me. I just purchased and installed the Cadillac rear bumper guard today. It came in two pieces and was a perfect fit. I will keep rubbing protectant on it to keep it in good shape, but I live in Arizona and I am sure it will fade after some amount of years.

Jeff

dcarr66
02-11-07, 09:43 AM
After thinking about it a little more, I do have the cargo organizer which the weathertech liner sits over.....so maybe that simulates the same the surface area as the cargo compartments that have the 3rd row seat.

That makes sense: the sides of the cargo area slope outward from the floor. If the floor of your SRX is higher (to make room for the seats when folded) then your floor would be wider than mine.

Anyway, sorry for the bad news. I apologize for giving you the weathertech info that turned out to not work for you.

I really like the liner and is working out really well for me. I just purchased and installed the Cadillac rear bumper guard today. It came in two pieces and was a perfect fit. I will keep rubbing protectant on it to keep it in good shape, but I live in Arizona and I am sure it will fade after some amount of years.

Jeff

No worries - it seemed like it should've worked for either configuration. This is why I'm hesitant to buy from GMPartsDirect: they have a no return policy for "special order" items, and almost everything for the SRX is "special order."

Where did you buy the rear bumper guard?