: Funny V post on Solstice forum

ronr
01-06-07, 08:37 AM
I almost laughted out loud when I read this:

"Very few problems have been reported of the diffs actually failing from power input. Leaking and whine are only incidental to the capability of the transmission of power. One instance of a diff "blowing up" might be related to a previous repair and the possible failure to refill with fluid. The diff is already proven in V6 Caddys, so for security a person could upgrade to teh components in the V8 CTS-V (if they are different)" :bigroll:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22798

dvandentop
01-06-07, 10:21 AM
LOL wonder if the solstics gxp model will have a different diff?

HiTechRV
01-06-07, 10:44 AM
It would be interesting to see the torque ratings on the original V diff and the 06/07, original Solstice and the GXP...etc. This should settle the question. It would not surprise me to find, for example, the 04 CTS was weakest, solstice better, gxp better yet, 06/07 V diff best. But some ratings on these units should be able to settle the questions.

BTW I had a Sky and it was a great vehicle. No guts since it was not a Redline, but .91g rating on RSAs, with no Stabilitrak nor TC. Really an amazing car in terms of dynamics.

lasstss
01-06-07, 12:08 PM
I had a Redline sky on order. I cancelled it. Same junk diff! They already have the same problems, whine and oil leaks. Good luck!
GM completely bailed on this issue. Soon most will be out of warranty. Gm will be happy...

Seattle CTS-V
01-06-07, 05:49 PM
GM won't be happy when most of us jump ship and vote with our pocketbooks elsewhere.