: Dodged another bullet!

heavymetals
01-06-07, 12:38 AM
Someone is looking out for me.:cloud9:

I have been working on my V getting it dialed in (with help from Lew, Reed and Stealth).

Jump on the freeway onramp and floored it to merge/pass the traffic and also test the latest adjustment.

Ran right up close to 90 and then let off to slow down.

I see this car way back just jump on it to catch up to me.

Uhh oh, Copper Bob.

Drops behind me then pulls up beside me and lights me up with his spot.
I am thinking "this ain't good".

I think he signaled either to slow down (I was doing 64) or a thumbs up (doubtful).

Turns off the spot and leaves.:hmm:

Needless to say I didn't push my luck after that.

Well maybe a little.......:sneaky:

dvandentop
01-06-07, 01:43 AM
lucky i almost got nailed while talking on cell phone and i had my v1 volumed turned way down the other day on the interstate

lawfive
01-06-07, 01:50 AM
I suspect he left because your exhaust note started loosening the fillings in his teeth...

heavymetals
01-06-07, 01:58 AM
lucky i almost got nailed while talking on cell phone and i had my v1 volumed turned way down the other day on the interstate

Nailed for what?

The cell phone use or speeding?:duck:

I would give ya a ticket for cell phone use.

CTS5
01-06-07, 02:38 AM
I know the feeling. Passed a sheriff going the other way at 114 in a 55. He no lookey, I nail brakes on, then re-accelerate the other way...Hard!

Black Sunshine
01-06-07, 04:27 AM
Congrats on the "thumbs up".

I just finished driving up to Upstate NY from South GA. Fairly uneventful with medium traffic. The car is running great!

The blue lights were really working I-85 coming thru the Carolinas.

The detector went off on laser as I was re-entering the highway (launching like a rocket, actually) from a rest area in some pretty heavy semi truck traffic. He was sitting in the median and as I passed him at +20 the two semis I had just blasted pulled up and screened him for me. It was a nice move on their part and I thanked them. Felt like Smokey and the Bandit.

They almost never travel in singles and sure enough as I was passing under a "spaghetti" junction overpass about 5 miles on down the road I always check the back side entrance ramps in my rearview looking for stalkers and there they were. They had 8, yes, I counted 'em, eight patrols lined up on the entrance ramp waiting to swarm. Luckily, this time I was talking hands-free and had slowed to a cruise controlled +5. :cool:

Daum, it's wet (and my car is filthy) in NY. Off to NH later today.

dvandentop
01-06-07, 11:25 AM
Nailed for what?

The cell phone use or speeding?:duck:

I would give ya a ticket for cell phone use.

no law for that in south dakota (cell phone use while driving) even the cops do it

heavymetals
09-14-10, 04:44 PM
Dodged another one!

Got followed by two cops on bikes for a mile and they were pacing me.

Kept it at 35mph and in the "sweet spot" where it isn't so loud it rattles your filings loose.

They were on Harleys and checking the V out big time.

Didn't get a "thumbs up" when they roared by either.:helpless:

deedubb
09-14-10, 08:33 PM
2 in almost 4 years ain't too bad!

heavymetals
09-14-10, 08:35 PM
Two tickets in between.

One for speeding and one for "fixit" (loud exhaust & tint)