: New kid on the block

ctsv_fl
01-05-07, 11:59 PM
New to forum. Just wanted to say Hello. My name is Kimby, I am from NYC. I just moved Florida :cloud9: (loving the weather) with my new 2005 CTS-V.
I got it as a graduation present from my parents. I am not spoiled. Just worked hard to get it as a present. :) I just graduated college.
I am a woman so guys dont be threatened by my beauty (CAR) :cool2:
Will have pics soon of my baby. Never thought I could be so in love with a car, its better than a man (no offense).

theloanman219
01-06-07, 12:05 AM
Hello from Fort Myers. Glad to see more representation from SWFL. Also from New England. For reference Val Ward has the best cadillac service here, if you need anything ask for Scott W, tell him Gene sent you. What color is your V?

lawfive
01-06-07, 12:05 AM
A young, smart, V-driving lady? We love you...

XOXO,
Jerry

BTW: :welcome:

PS: Pretty much all the other guys on this forum are gay (not that there's anything wrong with that), but they love you, too.

heavymetals
01-06-07, 12:24 AM
Congrats on graduating!

Your gonna love the car.

Are ya gonna treat it like a guy and try to change (mod) it?:histeric:

HiTechRV
01-06-07, 01:02 AM
Welcome.

rheagrimm
01-06-07, 01:06 AM
WELCOME ABOARD!!:cool:

Albertan
01-06-07, 01:34 AM
Welcome. I hope my daughter doesn't see this, I got her a TV for graduating.
Bruce
ps Heavy, good one about the changing coment. My daughter has a fixer-upper (guy).

dvandentop
01-06-07, 01:40 AM
cant beat a girl driving a V and a younger one at that too :D

dvandentop
01-06-07, 01:41 AM
LMAO @ heavy and change it hahahaha

also i would say my olde z06 was better then a woman when roadracing it :D

50 4Ever
01-06-07, 03:27 AM
Welcome aboard Kimby. Have you been bitten by the mod bug yet? You will.

How do you like that long stock shifter? They do make shorter ones, if you're interested.

Enjoy and :welcome:

urbanski
01-06-07, 07:05 AM
Never thought I could be so in love with a car, its better than a man (no offense).

no arguement there :)
welcome, you'll find i treat our ladies very well here. :welcome:

CIWS
01-06-07, 07:30 AM
Greetings and :welcome: to the V and the Cadi forum. Sounds like you have some great parents there and of course a great car :D

So what did you get your degree in and what are your plans now out of school ? Just drive around town and show everyone the V I bet :thumbsup:

LUVMY04V
01-06-07, 08:33 AM
well in that case http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F5mRUd1I2A
:D

rand49er
01-06-07, 08:35 AM
:welcome: and congrats! Sorry if this sounds a bit sexist, but out of all the cars out there, how did your parents just happen to get you a V?

ctsv_fl
01-06-07, 08:47 AM
THanks Guys...wow, I didnt expect such a great response like this.
Talk about a welcome wagon:o
To answer one of the guys questions:
I got my degree in Real Estate and Mortgage Law. So all in all I became a Real Estate Attorney. I love it. Right now I am currently doing nothing since I just moved here about 2 mos. ago but I plan on just taking another month or so off, to ease my brain of books, my parents think I am :cookoo: but my brain feels fried. :crying: I need to time to pamper myself, enjoy my car and drive it around for a while to show it off, and meet some new people, make some friends. Its so funny to see the looks I get when I drive my V around, especially down by the beaches. Its great!

urbanski
01-06-07, 09:00 AM
and dont get freaked out by the goats vs sheep thread :hide:
thats just "the boys" having fun :p
come join us ;)

nikon
01-06-07, 10:04 AM
welcome, man florida seems to be the hot-spot for the v's.....so when you gonna get the pics up of you washing it??? :p

urbanski
01-06-07, 10:06 AM
oh god guys settle down, dont scare her :p

ctsv_fl
01-06-07, 10:35 AM
OK gentlemen-

Keep your shorts on, pics will be coming soon, maybe some of me and my bikini washing it, but wouldnt want to give the older guys a heart attack, :) j/k
Anyway, I will have some kind of pics up soon, be patient.
By the way, Luvmycaddy : I love that video lol I think I was like 12 or something when it came out lmao...j/k
To Rand : I have always loved fast cars but I have noticed over the years woman are more and more getting into the muscle cars like the mustang and charger so I wanted something out of the ordinary, something beautiful and exquisite looking - so I stepped it up and went for both - fast and a beauty.
To Heavymetals : I have only changed the stick shifter because it was too long so I got the shorty. ;)
Have a great day guys, its supposed to be beautiful here this weekend in sunny SWFL so I plan on taking my girl out for a spin. Maybe some pics for tomorrow.

The Tony Show
01-06-07, 10:45 AM
Oh great: Now I'm going to get even more confused between 04CTSVFLA, ctsvflorida and Ctsv_fl.

Before you know it, I'll be accidentally asking Brian for pics of him in a bikini. :bonkers:

Seriously though- Welcome! Enjoy the car.

ctsvflorida
01-06-07, 11:20 AM
Oh great: Now I'm going to get even more confused between 04CTSVFLA, ctsvflorida and Ctsv_fl.

Before you know it, I'll be accidentally asking Brian for pics of him in a bikini. :bonkers:

Seriously though- Welcome! Enjoy the car.

I am sure it won't be an accident Tony and the answer is no! LOL! Now that's pretty funny Tony! It's good that I can get a laugh first thing Sat. morning! I know it's a little late, for the morning, but I just got home from South Beach for 10 days, before that I was in NY for 5 and boy did I need the rest! Too much partying goin on here!

On to our new FL. friend...welcome Kimby and great choice of cars! I am about to venture into the FL real estate market and maybe you can give me some tips! I'll PM you briefly about it. Welcome again! :)

Woody_MI
01-06-07, 11:33 AM
Welcome Kibmy! I agree with you that more and more woman are getting behind the wheel of performance cars which I think is great. Somehow, my passion for performance didn't/hasn't rubbed off on my daughter, but my 4 year old son is already a speed freak "Go faster daddy!"

50 4Ever
01-06-07, 11:46 AM
... maybe some of me and my bikini washing it, but wouldnt want to give the older guys a heart attack, :) j/k

Bring on the pics, I just recharged my oxygen bottle. So don't worry about this old guy... :thumbsup:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/504ever/worthless-1.gif

nikon
01-06-07, 11:49 AM
Bring on the pics, I just recharged my oxygen bottle. So don't worry about this old guy... :thumbsup:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/504ever/worthless-1.gif

:histeric::histeric:

ctsv_fl
01-06-07, 01:13 PM
OK this isnt an actually pic of my car but this is what it looks like. And there is a pic of my and my bikini but I am not washing the car, I am bartending in NYC. :):cheers:

The Tony Show
01-06-07, 06:24 PM
Thankfully for you, your V looks nothing like that car.

Or at least I hope it doesn't.

heavymetals
01-06-07, 06:48 PM
The stick shift is the pitts.:thehand:

Let us know what happens when you take some friends out to lunch and you give them the "white knuckler" :canttalk:

Show them what a Cadillac can do.:yup:

The V is a hoot.

ctsvett
01-06-07, 06:59 PM
welcome...

Girl or no girl, DRIVE THIS CAR LIKE YOU STOLE IT....

Reed

50 4Ever
01-06-07, 08:09 PM
OK this isnt an actually pic of my car but this is what it looks like. And there is a pic of my and my bikini but I am not washing the car, I am bartending in NYC. :):cheers:

What a small world, I have a cousin that is a cocktail waitress (Starving actress) in a bar in Manhattan. Great pics
:xo:
:wavehi:

urbanski
01-06-07, 08:22 PM
make me something with bourbon, but dont make it too bourbony....just a taste....any ideas? and no girly stuff either :p

starfox86
01-06-07, 08:26 PM

Welcome~! Cape Coral here...are you going to be bartending anywhere? I'd like to stop by and check out the ride if you are! :D

OldRoadDawg
01-06-07, 08:36 PM
... but wouldnt want to give the older guys a heart attack
Whadda ya mean . . "older guys" :annoyed:
Of course that dang photo could be a little bigger.
Gotta hold my magnifyin' glass up to the monitor . . . . Lemme see :shocked2:
:youarewoman:

Oh my! Somebody hand me my nitroglycerine pills :food-snacking:

Lord Cadillac
01-06-07, 10:23 PM
Welcome aboard! Thank you for signing up!! :)

CIWS
01-07-07, 09:03 AM
THanks Guys...wow, I didnt expect such a great response like this.
Talk about a welcome wagon:o
To answer one of the guys questions:
I got my degree in Real Estate and Mortgage Law. So all in all I became a Real Estate Attorney. I love it. Right now I am currently doing nothing since I just moved here about 2 mos. ago but I plan on just taking another month or so off, to ease my brain of books, my parents think I am :cookoo: but my brain feels fried. :crying: I need to time to pamper myself, enjoy my car and drive it around for a while to show it off, and meet some new people, make some friends. Its so funny to see the looks I get when I drive my V around, especially down by the beaches. Its great!

(old man's cracking voice) http://ciws.net/smiles/wheelchair.gif Weell girly, it's sounds like a good idea to me. You need some time to drain all of that out and deprogram a bit from all the hard work you've obviously thrown into getting you education up to this point. Enjoy your time off and like another has already said drive the V like you stole it. Show those folks on the beach what a Cadi can do. :D

Opps the nurse is calling, it's time for me to take my Geritol.

Oh and if you like the forum and find some good info here considering becoming a Supporting member. You get some additional perks, custom avatar, aditional storage space for pics, more PM, PMs before 50 posts reached, stuff in your sig line, etc all listed here. http://www.cadillacforums.com/subscribe.html

Also if you haven't been told about it be aware of a V FAQ site run by a member/Mod here, Reed, that has A LOT of good info on our cars. The CadillacFAQ site, and it's located here.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/

rblimas
01-07-07, 02:27 PM
:welcome5: Your Gonna love It Here.

lawfive
01-07-07, 05:04 PM
Hmmm... Seems there's more posts here than usual for a nube. Now, why would that be... :p

urbanski
01-07-07, 05:17 PM
Hmmm... Seems there's more posts here than usual for a nube. Now, why would that be... :p

beats me dude

lawfive
01-07-07, 05:32 PM
Urby.. me drinkin' Shiner Bock...

urbanski
01-07-07, 05:37 PM
Urby.. me drinkin' Shiner Bock...

are you on #4 like me? ;)

lawfive
01-07-07, 05:39 PM
1 Bass Ale
1 Jack Daniels
1 Shiner Bock

1.5 football games...

urbanski
01-07-07, 05:50 PM
1 Bass Ale
1 Jack Daniels
1 Shiner Bock

1.5 football games...

nice mix
points.

im still waiting for the OP to answer my question ;)

lawfive
01-07-07, 06:06 PM
nice mix
points.

im still waiting for the OP to answer my question ;)

Um, no bartender. Real men like it straight (not that there's anything wrong with the other stuff), but...

Jack & Coke

Jack & Seven

Manhattan

Old Fashioned

Mint Julep: (theoretically requires bourbon instead of proper Tennessee sipping whisky e.g. Jack Daniels).

ctsv_fl
01-07-07, 08:07 PM
OK guys looks like I could be making some good tips in this forum :wink:
I feel like I am bartending again. Well, I went down to the beach today and wow did I get some looks...some were good and some were bad...but whatever! Its my car and I love it. Also I smoked the tires in the parking lot of Publix and people thought it was a fire. lol. I laughed my butt off. An then...there he was...Mr.Sheriff...of course he pulls in, I was crapping my pants, "oh dear god, please dont give me a ticket" He just came over and said with a huge look of surprise and said, were you the one making all the noise and smoke, I just smiled with one of my batting eyelash smiles and said in a cute voice, "ummm, No sir" He just smiled and said, "take it easy in daddys car or next time we call him" I just laughed so hard when he walked away but then I was kind of mad, because he didnt believe it was me.
Anywho, hope you all had a relaxing weekend like i did. :smile:
I may go back into bartending part time I will let you all know where I go, I bet you all will be my biggest customers. :smile: :wink:

starfox86
01-07-07, 08:11 PM
OK guys looks like I could be making some good tips in this forum :wink:
I feel like I am bartending again. Well, I went down to the beach today and wow did I get some looks...so were good and some were bad...but whatever!
Anywho, hope you all had a relaxing weekend like i did. :smile:
I may go back into bartending part time I will let you all know where I go, I bet you all will be my biggest customers. :smile: :wink:

yeah , keep us informed!! I'll be the first there!

The Tony Show
01-07-07, 08:22 PM
I hereby nominate this the official leghumper thread of the V forum.

:thumbsup:

urbanski
01-07-07, 08:24 PM
dont offend the ladies you horndogs! lol

csp3000
01-07-07, 08:33 PM
Welcome to the board and the sunshine state...:D

ctsv_fl
01-07-07, 11:08 PM
dont worry Urbanski nothing offends me...I was a bartender remember now i am a lawyer:sneaky: ...even better....payback is a bitch :shhh: lmao Plus I have been going to the gym:showoff:

Hey boyz tits here something for you to look at for a while...Hey I can play around too ya know. :) I can hang with the best of them. :RightTurn:

Have a great night! I am off to la la land. Zzzz!

urbanski
01-08-07, 07:08 AM
dont worry Urbanski nothing offends me...I was a bartender remember now i am a lawyer:sneaky: ...even better....payback is a bitch :shhh: lmao Plus I have been going to the gym:showoff:

Hey boyz tits here something for you to look at for a while...Hey I can play around too ya know. :) I can hang with the best of them. :RightTurn:

Have a great night! I am off to la la land. Zzzz!

ahah ok you're going to fit in fine then :)

lawfive
01-08-07, 12:46 PM
Well, I went down to the beach today and wow did I get some looks...

Did the V get any looks? :D

HiTechRV
01-08-07, 09:09 PM
Not likely!