: Here's a new one

theformer
01-05-07, 10:26 PM
My V was just in the shop for 4 days. I gave them a heady list of items: disappearing XM, inability to get into gear, clunk (just for the hell of it), volume that goes UP when you turn it DOWN, leaky diff...

They supposedly fixed the leaky diff, couldn't reproduce my shifting issue but did apparently replace the radio. When I went to turn down the volume via the wheel controls, I had an interesting thing happen. The car sent a tone at me and then, after a moment said, something like "unknown command."

Yippie! I have a voice activated CTS-V! I was able to get it to change to Nav with "Navigation" and do "Zoom Out". But the rest of my wheel buttons were oddly programmed. Volume up was the BAND button. Track up was track up and track down turned the heat up.

I am assuming they replaced the radio and somehow told the car it was a regular ol' CTS. Kinda funky to say the least. As much as I like the voice activation, I don't think I can live with the weird programming on most of the buttons. Just a whole new experience, though...

Redline CTS-V
01-05-07, 10:38 PM
Sounds like a programming problem... You probably can't put the car in competitive mode now...

ronr
01-05-07, 10:44 PM
If you can't get competitive mode then it's the program. There is something on the faq site about this problem. I've had my nav unit replaced twice (peeling buttons) and both times they forgot to reprogram the nav and I had to take it back in with the instructions on how to do the reprograming.

theformer
01-07-07, 10:12 AM
Yep. Can't get in Comp Mode. Called and left a message for my service advisor and it'll go back in next week. Joy.

LUVMY04V
01-07-07, 10:19 AM
fyi you program the steering wheel yourself and it reset when u change the stereo unit :thumbsup: go to menu and feat programming and you can change them

GT04CTS-V
01-07-07, 11:47 AM
Take the car back to the dealer. Tell them to hook up the Tech2 to the car and program the radio for the CTS-V. They will have to tell it what car it's in and what modules are present (TPS, etc). Currently, the radio isn't programmed for your V.

Do a search and you'll find previous posts with the same problem.

GT

capt. dan
01-07-07, 10:39 PM
I am having the same problem with my XM. I talked with the dealer and they said they would have to see the problem before they could do anything. It only happens every once in a while and then will not happen for a week or two. Unfortunatly it never happens when I am near the dealership. Did they let you know what the problem was or does anyone know of a TSB for this? Just hoping to avoid many trips to the dealer for a problem that will not show up while there.

Thanks

Dan

ronr
01-08-07, 09:47 AM
fyi you program the steering wheel yourself and it reset when u change the stereo unit :thumbsup: go to menu and feat programming and you can change them

V Series steering wheel buttons are not programmable :(