: Status for Homer

ewill3rd
01-05-07, 07:30 PM
Hey Homer,

So I think I found the creaking noise, it looks like one of the lower control arm bushings, there is actually a bulletin on it but when we started to do the bulletin repair we found that one of the bushings is cracked. I had to order a lower control arm for the side that was creaking so loudly.

I didn't get a chance to order the armrest until today, both parts should be in on Monday.

We noticed a problem with the Hotchkis sway bar, the mounting brackets on the front sway bar are bending and it is making the bushings move around, you might get in touch with them and see if they will send you replacements and ask them if they have been having problems with them.
The right side is worse than the left, that might be having an effect on your ride height and we'll probably want to get that fixed before the alignment will be right.

I still have to aim the headlamps a bit higher for you and obviously the alignment will not be done until the front suspension is reassembled.

I also have to check out the "leak" you were complaining about but Jennifer didn't really give me very good information, can you give me some details about what you are seeing and when?

Sorry about the delay in getting this fixed up, if I wasn't so busy yesterday I could have been closer to done.
Let me know about the things I mentioned.

Have a good weekend!

Drift-caddy
01-05-07, 07:47 PM
LMFAO. I know whats wrong with his car. I know whats wrong with is bushings and sway bars... Just ask him about parking his car and clutch and been in gear...:canttalk:

homer403
01-06-07, 01:20 AM
Bill,

Wow, is this serivice or what??? I did get the parts from HOTCHKIS and will drop them off tomorrow.

The leak is coming from the "A" Pillar driver side. Leaking on the inside when raining.

Aslo, i need you the check the finish on the three remaining rims, as the primer is showing through those too.

Homer

ewill3rd
01-06-07, 05:52 PM
I got the parts that you left.
We'll put them on Monday.
Hopefully the parts will come and I'll finish it up then look at the water leak.
You might have to talk to James about the wheels.

ewill3rd
01-09-07, 01:37 PM
Homer, I almost have everything finished.
I couldn't get the armrest, give me a few days to get it in and then swing by and I'll put it on while you wait, it should only take about 20 minutes.

James will try to get in touch with you today about the wheels or you can call him.
My trim guy is looking for a water leak right now.
The control arms are in, the alignment is done, I raised the headlamps as high as the law allows and the suspension noise is gone.
Oh and the sway bar bushing brackets are installed and lubed.
Do you need the old ones back?

svassh
01-09-07, 01:41 PM
Um, doesn't Homer have email?

trekster
01-09-07, 02:38 PM
Um, doesn't Homer have email?
Who knows?:nanaparty::rave::blurock:

The Tony Show
01-09-07, 04:32 PM
It's subtle advertising, and with this level of service I can't blame him for letting everyone on here know.

Kudos to you guys. I've worked at my dealership for eight years and I don't get this kind of service from my shop!

ewill3rd
01-09-07, 04:34 PM
I am sure homer has email but we haven't exchanged email addresses yet and I honestly I have some difficulty with email on my computer at work because of the way they have me set up here in the other building.
;)

ctsvett
01-09-07, 10:53 PM
..And lindsay likes to rub it in how good they are to those of us who have crappy service departments... I cant get my guy to return a phone call...

HAHAHA

Reed

ChicagoCTS32
01-09-07, 11:14 PM
I'm moving to virginia. Anybody need a mortgage processor out there?